Options

Convert From Fifo To Standard Costing

AALAAL Member Posts: 8
edited 2006-07-11 in Navision Attain
I am working on a Project that will convert our costing Method from FIFO to STANDARD.

the process that i am looking at doing will involve

- A Physical Inventory that will set my QOH for all Items to Zero.
- A process Only Report that will cahnge the costing Method from Fifo to standard, and set the current Standard cost based on the Fifo Unit Cost.
- A process only report to Validate all of the Purchase Lines that are unreceived to accurately calculate any PPV based on the New Item Standards.
- a Reversal of the Item Ledger entry created when i set my Inventory to 0.

We are currently using Service and Sales order Processing.

My question is targeted to anyone who may have gone through the process: What concerns should iI be looking at on Sales Orders and Service Orders regarding Unit Costs? Also are there any other areas that you have had problems with regarding a Change in Inventorycosting method. If so what else should i be looking at?

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Make sure you run adjust cost after bringing inventory to zero. Make sure all inbound inventory is fullyinvoiced.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    AALAAL Member Posts: 8
    Rashed,

I appreciate your input. Running the adjust cost and Post cost was missing from my Notes, and I will adhere to this.

i have concerns regarding Outbound Inventory. The adjust cost routines should compensate for these after these transactions are Posted. Does that sound correct?

Thanks again for your Input.
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Yes adjust cost will take care of them as long as all your purchases are fully invoiced. Make sure you don't have any partially received po that have not been invoiced.
    Also post the cost to GL. Also run the inventory valuation report and make sure it's zero for all items. If some are not make sure you fix those.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n