Options

Navision 4.00 SP2 released

kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
The SP2 was released and the download is working (PartnerSource). You can download versions for the first wave of countries (AU, DE, DK, ES, FR, IT, NL, NZ, RU, UK, W1)
Kamil Sacek
MVP - Dynamics NAV
My BLOG
NAVERTICA a.s.

Comments

• Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    North, south, east and west of us (Belgium) is available ... except for Belgium ... grrrr

Thx, Kine!

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    Waldo wrote:
    North, south, east and west of us (Belgium) is available ... except for Belgium ... grrrr

Thx, Kine!
    Even Italy is available! Incredible!
    I think Belgium has to wait a little because there is more work involved. 3 Languages in 1 DB! The other countries have only 2 languages.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    That's problably it.

yeah well ... paska juttu ... ](*,)

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • Options
    Does somebody (already) know ... is merging the objects enough, or do we have to do a data-upgrade as well when going from 4.00(SP1) to 4.00SP2 ?

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • Options
    Because there is no Upgradetoolkit yet, it is hard to say...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    But I assume that there is no change in data between SP1 and SP2.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    That was my assumption as well...

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • Options
    chen_wanchen_wan Member Posts: 34
    My company is currently using 4.00. Can we skip the SP1 and go straight sp2 ?
  • Options
    johnson_alonsojohnson_alonso Member Posts: 690
    Chen Wan wrote :
    Can we skip the SP1 and go straight sp2 ?

I think you can but you must uninstall the SP1 first and make some adjustments like data migration maybe, import some files, etc,..
    I've finished the download of the SP2 today, but I don't use it yet...

rgds,
    Johnson

"ride the lightning"
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Yes you can skip, but you still have to load all the new objects that are different from 4.0 to SP2, which includes SP1 objects.
    So in other words you will skip the executables, you still need the objects.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    I would just merge all customizations into a SP2 db (not going through SP1), export all objects and import them into your database (as you can read above, I assume that a data migration is not necessary).

Install SP2 executables and ready is freddy...

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • Options
    Just only one "small" hint: run adjustment batches before you upgrade the database and once more right after the upgrade. Else you can have problems with costs etc. There were some changes connected to adjustments between 4.00 and 4.00SP1...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    chen_wanchen_wan Member Posts: 34
    Is there any place I find a list on the objects that changed by Microsoft in sp1 and sp2.

We did quite heavy customisation on the 4.0. I think the chances is very high where the object that has been customised by us have also been modified by Microsoft in the sp. It seems that I can't escape merging the objects customised by us and the objects changed by Microsoft. Correct me if I am wrong.

Is there any documentation available that point out the steps that need to be taken to upgrade customised 4.0 to sp1 or sp2 ?
  • Options
    Together with the download, there is a .doc file which lists the changes in SP2. You can find it as a seperate download on partnersource as well.

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • Options
    SunsetSunset Member Posts: 200
    Waldo wrote:
    Does somebody (already) know ... is merging the objects enough, or do we have to do a data-upgrade as well when going from 4.00(SP1) to 4.00SP2 ?

Having skimmed through the changes_in_ .. there doesn't seem to be any reason for data-upgrades. Only thing I noticed was 2 fields were removed as they haven't been in use.
    Don't just take my word for it, test it yourself
  • Options
    And of course, the changed objects are marked with version 4.00.02
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    ahirubbahirubb Member Posts: 5
    But how come I can only find a few tables with version number ending ".02", when the changes document listed out so many changes?

I'm worried as I have made modifications using SP1, but since the project will not go live until July, I'm trying to see if I'll go for SP2.
  • Options
    May be because the changes are made in few critical objects (Codeunit 12,22,80,90 etc...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    But I only find the version NAVW14.00.02 in Table only, not in Form, Report, Dataport, XMLPort nor Codeunit.
  • Options
    It means you have some weird version. In my copy of W1 SP2 DB are changed:

83 tables
    109 forms
    70 reports
    118 codeunits
    2 XMLPorts
    1 Menusuite
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    jreynoldsjreynolds Member Posts: 175
    I have found about 70 objects in the North American version that have been changed but do not carry the new version list.
  • Options
    In this case it seems like US version is very strange...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    It could be the users. who have modified the objects. Could you list some of them and what version they are and what date they were modified. This is the first time I hear this.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• Options
    You can check for example CU 80:
    ID	Name	Modified	Version List	Date	Time	BLOB Size	Compiled
    80	Sales-Post	No	NAVW14.00.02	12.01.06	12:00:00	346064	Yes

(it is from WW1 version 4.00SP2)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    bestianhowbestianhow Member Posts: 120
    Kamil,
    I found that a lot of changes in SP2. For object version NAVW14.00.02, i think have involved 383 objects (all object type except dataport).

My customers currently using version 4.00 SP1 and we have done a lot of customizations.
    If not upgrade to SP2, we worry about in future got a lot of problems. Any recommendation? :-k
  • Options
    It is hard to say... right now, I recommend to wait for the update for the SP2 (I heard something about few weeks). And do not forget, if you are doing customizations, you need to think about the upgrade if you want to precede problems. You need to do everything with the upgrade in mind. Do not band standard, create "addons" (do not modify standard processes, just add some solution as new layer which is connected just with only few points into standard, modify existing C/AL code just with adding some calls to your codeunits etc.

If you did customizations and message about upgrade is your headache, something is wrong...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    bestianhowbestianhow Member Posts: 120
    Thanks Kamil,
    I think we not doing upgrade for our customers at the moment. Since we have phase 2 customizations. :)
  • Options
    jreynoldsjreynolds Member Posts: 175
    ara3n wrote:
    It could be the users. who have modified the objects. Could you list some of them and what version they are and what date they were modified. This is the first time I hear this.
    If you look at forms 5743 (Posted Transfer Shipment) and 5745 (Posted Transfer Receipt) in the North American release you will find that the version list (NAVW14.00,NAVUS3.01) and date/time for both objects are the same in both SP1 and SP2. In the SP1 version of these forms the TabControl has a PageName for "Foreign Trade" which has been removed in the SP2 version of these objects.
  • Options
    Yeah just confirmed that jreynolds. It's still minor. That suxs.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• Options
    I used SP1 for some customization, but since the system has not go live yet, I want to migrate to SP2.

I tried to use the Developer's Toolkit to merge the codes, however, I found that the "Modified" flag did not change to "Yes" even it has merged the SP1 and SP2 codes together.

Can anyone help? Thanks.