Options

Contact Search Result.

eromeineromein Member Posts: 589
edited 2003-10-13 in Navision Attain
Could anybody please explain me the result of a contact search on the string "Eddy" or "Piet" in a CRONUS database?
"Real programmers don't comment their code.
If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand."

Comments

• Options
    StephenGStephenG Member Posts: 99
    Hi Emiel

Original message sent by mistake:oops:

The answer to your question NO

I'm not sure what is happening either :?
    Answer the question and wait for the answer.
  • Options
    StephenGStephenG Member Posts: 99
    Hi Emiel

I Found this buried deep down in the F1 Help.
    Blurry Keys
    For all words the program has found in the fields listed above, it creates one or two blurry keys following a certain fuzzy logic algorithm, for example, JN and AN for Jean or KRX and KRK for Karch. After the program has completed the search for exact match, it performs the search on the base of the blurry keys which allows finding words with close spelling and/or pronunciation in the languages of Romano-Germanic group and therefore increases the search hit rate.

Note
    The program does not use the blurry keys while searching for contacts if you have selected the check box in the Exact Match field in the Contact Search window or if you use the wildcards in your search query.

Check the search results of 'Ed', 'Edd', 'Edw','Edwa','Edwar','Edward'.

So to unserstand this, I think you need to know what is happening in the CSERACH.DLL

I hope this as gone some way to helping, my mind has gone all blurry and fuzzy now after trying to trace the code :)
    Answer the question and wait for the answer.
  • Options
    eromeineromein Member Posts: 589
    :lol:

Thx man... Oooh btw LOL!
    "Real programmers don't comment their code.
    If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand."