Options

Auto Kill Idle Sessions in Navision

hksharmaahksharmaa Member Posts: 55
Hi All...

Is there any way to kill all the idle sessions greater than 5 minutes automatically in Navision or also with the Help of SQL??

Comments

• Options
    chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    http://www.mibuso.com/howtoinfo.asp?FileID=18

you can search on the forum, can find some more topics.
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    hksharmaa wrote:
    Hi All...

Is there any way to kill all the idle sessions greater than 5 minutes automatically in Navision or also with the Help of SQL??

Do you really want to be killing an idle session after only 5 minutes? A typical use is not banging away on their computer every minute. Do you eally want to kill a session just because the user gets on the phone for several minutes? Or other valid reason they would not touch the computer for over 5 minutes?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    bbrown wrote:
    Do you really want to be killing an idle session after only 5 minutes?

I would agree. I've usually set this to at least an hour or two. Or, make it even fancier and put a maximum idle time field somewhere like User Setup :D
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    matttrax wrote:
    bbrown wrote:
    Do you really want to be killing an idle session after only 5 minutes?

I would agree. I've usually set this to at least an hour or two. Or, make it even fancier and put a maximum idle time field somewhere like User Setup :D

Or just train the users to logoff. I see this request many times when the real problem is not enough licenses. If a user has a legitmate reason to be connected get them a license.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.