Unable to connect the BN Server

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Dear all,

I want to install the Business Notification Server (NAV5.0) in my system. The OS of this system (system name is Server) is Window 2003 Server and here SQL Server 2005 is pre-installed.

One more thing I want to mention that this system is the sql database server for Nav2009 and Nav5.0 also.

After installing all the required components into this system I have faced an error message when trying to connect the BN Server database thru BN Client. The msg screen shot given bellow..

what is the reason behind this ?

Kindly reply.
Now or Never

Answers

• SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Check the BN service and see under which user it runs.
    Also the SQL service has a name. this could be Server\NAV or Server\SQLserver or ...
    So when you run sql server management studio, when you are in the connection window you see the name of the sql.
    This has to be the path you connect your BN to.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Sog wrote:
    Check the BN service and see under which user it runs.
    Also the SQL service has a name. this could be Server\NAV or Server\SQLserver or ...
    So when you run sql server management studio, when you are in the connection window you see the name of the sql.
    This has to be the path you connect your BN to.

Thanks Sog.
    There is no AD installed in this PC(Server) only the Window 2003 Server is installed.
    The BN Service (Notification Service Deployment Manager) is running on the Administrator Account.
    Now or Never
    ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
    Now or Never
    Atlast connection poblem is solved.
    Now or Never