FAQ Section

BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
edited 2009-03-20 in Feedback
what about opening a FAQ sections for those question that are asked more frequently?
-Mirko-
"Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
My Blog

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Belias wrote:
    what about opening a FAQ sections for those question that are asked more frequently?
    I will second that.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I've been thinking about writing entries into the NAV Book wiki and llinking to those in replies here. i don't think adding a FAQ section like that is a good idea, that's impossible to manage.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Just waiting for the 1000th barcode question :whistle:
    DenSter wrote:
    I've been thinking about writing entries into the NAV Book wiki and llinking to those in replies here. i don't think adding a FAQ section like that is a good idea, that's impossible to manage.

The users should not be able to create new topics in the FAQ but the moderators can shift the topics.
    Savatage wrote:
    Just waiting for the 1000th barcode question :whistle:

Suggestions are coming :mrgreen:
    CA Sandeep Singla
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    PROBLEM!!URGENT, PLEASE HELP!!!
    How can I manage barcodes?i tought using vertline shapes, but it doesn't work...
    :mrgreen:

anyway, i would tought this topic as something that users are free to populate: someone that thinks that a particular problem/theorical doubt have been asked/answered a lot of times, can post it in FAQ section, maybe tagging in the beginning of the body of the message the most common words that can be searched reffering to that topic.

p.s.: i was inspired for this FAQ section by a lot of questions about usage of find('-') findfirst findset...

<edit> whops, ssingla our ideas are different, anyway, my "open FAQ" idea is risky because anyone could theorically post everything
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    We have been thinking about a FAQ-section.
    The problem with it is that it takes a lot of time to maintain.
    And time is something we don't have a lot.
    It is also not do-able to leave it open to all users to write in it. The section would become messed up too fast.
    With the replies in this topic, some idea has come to me.

Some idea:
    We create a FAQ-section, to be maintained by me and Luc.
    In the reporting-section, we add an option to report a topic that can be useful for the FAQ-section.
    In the report, the reporter can also write the question for which it can serve.

With this, we create the FAQ-question and 1 more multiple links to the topics.
    This makes the FAQ-section controllable and users can give input anyway.
    Though, it might take some days before a topic makes it into the FAQ-section.

Lets hear what you think about it (and also Luc, because he has to setup the section).

If I remember correctly, there is a MOD for FAQ. But I don't know how it can be used. We should study it.

Another technical way is a new forum where only Luc and I can post/modify.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Would that be the same as the "How-to" section?

And why not use the "How-to" Section for FAQs?
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Belias wrote:
    How can I manage barcodes?i tought using vertline shapes, but it doesn't work...

:x :x i hate this kind of questions .... #-o #-o
    Do you make it right, it works too!
    garak wrote:
    Belias wrote:

:x :x i hate this kind of questions .... #-o #-o

Panic.. Panic.. Panic
    and that's what originates most of these questions. I know the airbag in under my seat but if my plane shakes, the first thing I will call is HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP :oops:
    CA Sandeep Singla
    There is a "airbag" under the seat in the planes? I know the Rescue vest but an airbag? But may be in Asia Airlines ;-) :D :oops:
    Airbag keeps you afloat in water. That's what the sweet air hostess tells me. Touchwood I have never used it nor I would like to [-o< [-o<
    I think we are getting off-topic
    CA Sandeep Singla

Oh, yes, right, but only a little bit ..... but i've not a problem with a smaltalk about nices stewardesses 8)
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    garak wrote:

Oh, yes, right, but only a little bit ..... but i've not a problem with a smaltalk about nices stewardesses 8)

\:D/ 2 to the left
    \:D/ 2 to the right...

anyway, when i posted this suggestion i've had the same doubt of Alex Chow, but i tought FAQ section as a "theorical how to". I think that
    Some idea:
    In the reporting-section, we add an option to report a topic that can be useful for the FAQ-section.
    is a very good idea, because everyone can help mods to build the section, but no one can mess it up!
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Belias wrote:
    garak wrote:

\:D/ 2 to the left
    \:D/ 2 to the right...

anyway, when i posted this suggestion i've had the same doubt of Alex Chow, but i tought FAQ section as a "theorical how to". I think that
    Some idea:
    is a very good idea, because everyone can help mods to build the section, but no one can mess it up!
    And it helps a lot to speed up the maintaining of the FAQ-topic because we only put links in it.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

I thought that the tips & tricks section was for this purpose, so why not shield that off from direct posting and clean that up?
    Should we help or we are putting too much on kriki/luc :wink:
    CA Sandeep Singla
    The tips&Tricks was for that idea, but there is so much in it and there is also so much in the other forums (like for SQL..) that you need to search anyway.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

Which is why I like the wiki, because information in there can be categorized rather than simply listed in a random order.