Breakpoint Already exists message in the app. log.

KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
Hi All,

we are experiencing some strange problem. Ever so often the NAS at a customer site shuts down on us.
We have been getting the following error in the server application log:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: NASSQL
Event Category: None
Event ID: 20010
Date: 2/23/2009
Time: 4:28:33 PM
User: N/A
Computer: NAS SERVER
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 20010 ) in Source ( NASSQL ) cannot be found.
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.
You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details.
The following information is part of the event:
The Breakpoint already exists.

Identification fields and values:

Object ID='50007',Object Type='Codeunit',Trigger Line='37',Code No='5'.

This would be helpful, but this object does not exist and never existed.
When I look at the breakpoint table, the breakpoint record does exist.
But this shows some strange data in the trigger name and object name.

Any help would be appreciated, this problem is causing a lot of grief at the customer site.

Thank you,

Willy
Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.

Answers

• DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Willy,

Have you tried to delete the records. I have noticed that these records do not rename when you rename an object.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi Dave,

thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, we deleted the records out of the Breakpoint Table and we are still getting this error.

Thank you,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    KYDutchie wrote:
    Hi Dave,

thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, we deleted the records out of the Breakpoint Table and we are still getting this error.

Thank you,

Willy

Try looking for breakpoint file (xml) in Application Data folder (where ZUP file is located).
    Hi Tomas,

I deleted that too. I just now installed the NAS on a different clean server, where NAV and NAS were never installed,
    and I shut down the old NAS. But now we are getting the same error but on a different object. :shock:
    However, this time the object does exist!

I have never seen this before...lol

Thanks,

Willy
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    I have had error some times. And whatever I do, I could not get the error go away in a normal way.

At the end, I just added some code like this in codeunit 1 Function "NASHandler":
    recBreakpoint.RESET;
    recBreakpoint.DELETEALL(FALSE);

And this seems to help.

PS : Breakpoint is a virtual table.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

d'oh...sometimes it can be so simple! =D>

Thanks Kriki.
    2 Quick follow up questions:

Why is this happening and would it hurt if we ran some diagnostics/tests on their database and server?

Thank you,
    Why? I have tried to find it but never found out why.

Diagnostic/tests? You mean the File=>Database=Test? No, but better do it during off-hours. It can be heavy. Or make a SQL backup and restore that one to test on (or even better: take the DB offline and copy the files to another server where you attach them).
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

Kriki,

I was able to replicate the problem. I also found a solution for it.
    This is how I was able to replicate it:

1. Open the NAS application Management form in MMC.
    2. Point the Database to a similar database (same version and NAS functionality).
    3. Click "Apply Settings"
    4. Click "Stop Service"
    5. Click "Start Service"
    6. Reboot the Computer.

as of this point these error messages started to appear in my Application Log.

I was able to solve the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling the NAS as a service from the DOS Prompt.
    You will have to assign the Account of the NAS again in the Service management Console and set all the Settings in the Application Management Console.
    But when I started the service when everything was set up again, these error messages did not appear anymore.

I hope this might help some one with the same problem.

Regards,

Willy
    I have had the problem different times. But I don't like the idea to always have to re-install the NAS. The RESET-DELETEALL fixes it well enough.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion