mibuso.com

Microsoft Business Solutions online community
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:05 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: FAQ Section
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:34 am
Posts: 2883
Location: Bergamo
Country: Italy (it)
what about opening a FAQ sections for those question that are asked more frequently?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FAQ Section
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:12 am
Posts: 2909
Location: India
Country: India (in)
Belias wrote:
what about opening a FAQ sections for those question that are asked more frequently?

I will second that.

_________________
CA Sandeep Singla
http://ssdynamics.co.in


Top
 Profile E-mail WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: FAQ Section
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:43 pm 
Offline
MVP Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:37 pm
Posts: 7989
Location: Howell, MI
Country: United States (us)
I've been thinking about writing entries into the NAV Book wiki and llinking to those in replies here. i don't think adding a FAQ section like that is a good idea, that's impossible to manage.

_________________
Daniel Rimmelzwaan
MVP - Dynamics NAV


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FAQ Section
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:28 pm 
Offline
MVP Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:01 pm
Posts: 7056
Location: L.I., New York
Country: United States (us)
Just waiting for the 1000th barcode question :whistle:

_________________
Harry Ruiz
http://www.BiloBeauty.com
http://www.autismspeaks.org


Top
 Profile E-mail WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: FAQ Section
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:12 am
Posts: 2909
Location: India
Country: India (in)
DenSter wrote:
I've been thinking about writing entries into the NAV Book wiki and llinking to those in replies here. i don't think adding a FAQ section like that is a good idea, that's impossible to manage.


The users should not be able to create new topics in the FAQ but the moderators can shift the topics.

Savatage wrote:
Just waiting for the 1000th barcode question :whistle:


Suggestions are coming :mrgreen:

_________________
CA Sandeep Singla
http://ssdynamics.co.in


Top
 Profile E-mail WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: FAQ Section
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:34 am
Posts: 2883
Location: Bergamo
Country: Italy (it)
PROBLEM!!URGENT, PLEASE HELP!!!
How can I manage barcodes?i tought using vertline shapes, but it doesn't work...
:mrgreen:

anyway, i would tought this topic as something that users are free to populate: someone that thinks that a particular problem/theorical doubt have been asked/answered a lot of times, can post it in FAQ section, maybe tagging in the beginning of the body of the message the most common words that can be searched reffering to that topic.

p.s.: i was inspired for this FAQ section by a lot of questions about usage of find('-') findfirst findset...

<edit> whops, ssingla our ideas are different, anyway, my "open FAQ" idea is risky because anyone could theorically post everything


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FAQ Section
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:36 pm 
Offline
Moderator
MVP Microsoft Dynamics NAV
NAV TechDays 2014 attendee

Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:13 am
Posts: 7683
Location: Milan
Country: Italy (it)
We have been thinking about a FAQ-section.
The problem with it is that it takes a lot of time to maintain.
And time is something we don't have a lot.
It is also not do-able to leave it open to all users to write in it. The section would become messed up too fast.
With the replies in this topic, some idea has come to me.

Some idea:
We create a FAQ-section, to be maintained by me and Luc.
In the reporting-section, we add an option to report a topic that can be useful for the FAQ-section.
In the report, the reporter can also write the question for which it can serve.

With this, we create the FAQ-question and 1 more multiple links to the topics.
This makes the FAQ-section controllable and users can give input anyway.
Though, it might take some days before a topic makes it into the FAQ-section.

Lets hear what you think about it (and also Luc, because he has to setup the section).

If I remember correctly, there is a MOD for FAQ. But I don't know how it can be used. We should study it.

Another technical way is a new forum where only Luc and I can post/modify.

_________________
Regards,Alain Krikilion
Use the SEARCH,Luke! || No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title! || Read Forum Rules before making a posting

»»» Mark your calendar: NAV TechDays 2014 - 20 & 21 November 2014 ««« Visit the conference website: http://www.navtechdays.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FAQ Section
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:24 pm 
Offline
MVP Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:05 pm
Posts: 5011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States (us)
Would that be the same as the "How-to" section?

And why not use the "How-to" Section for FAQs?

_________________
Confessions of a Dynamics NAV Consultant = my blog
AP Commerce, Inc. = where I work

Getting Started with Dynamics NAV 2013 Application Development = my book


Top
 Profile E-mail WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: FAQ Section
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:42 pm
Posts: 3255
Location: Hannover
Country: Germany (de)
Belias wrote:
PROBLEM!!URGENT, PLEASE HELP!!!
How can I manage barcodes?i tought using vertline shapes, but it doesn't work...
:mrgreen:


:x :x i hate this kind of questions .... #-o #-o

_________________
Do you make it right, it works too!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FAQ Section
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:12 am
Posts: 2909
Location: India
Country: India (in)
garak wrote:
Belias wrote:
PROBLEM!!URGENT, PLEASE HELP!!!
How can I manage barcodes?i tought using vertline shapes, but it doesn't work...
:mrgreen:


:x :x i hate this kind of questions .... #-o #-o


Panic.. Panic.. Panic
and that's what originates most of these questions. I know the airbag in under my seat but if my plane shakes, the first thing I will call is HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP :oops:

_________________
CA Sandeep Singla
http://ssdynamics.co.in


Top
 Profile E-mail WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: FAQ Section
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:42 pm
Posts: 3255
Location: Hannover
Country: Germany (de)
There is a "airbag" under the seat in the planes? I know the Rescue vest but an airbag? But may be in Asia Airlines ;-) :D :oops:

_________________
Do you make it right, it works too!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FAQ Section
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:12 am
Posts: 2909
Location: India
Country: India (in)
Airbag keeps you afloat in water. That's what the sweet air hostess tells me. Touchwood I have never used it nor I would like to [-o< [-o<
I think we are getting off-topic

_________________
CA Sandeep Singla
http://ssdynamics.co.in


Top
 Profile E-mail WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: FAQ Section
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:42 pm
Posts: 3255
Location: Hannover
Country: Germany (de)
I think we are getting off-topic

Oh, yes, right, but only a little bit ..... but i've not a problem with a smaltalk about nices stewardesses 8)

_________________
Do you make it right, it works too!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FAQ Section
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:34 am
Posts: 2883
Location: Bergamo
Country: Italy (it)
garak wrote:
I think we are getting off-topic

Oh, yes, right, but only a little bit ..... but i've not a problem with a smaltalk about nices stewardesses 8)


\:D/ 2 to the left
\:D/ 2 to the right...

anyway, when i posted this suggestion i've had the same doubt of Alex Chow, but i tought FAQ section as a "theorical how to". I think that
Quote:
Some idea:
We create a FAQ-section, to be maintained by me and Luc.
In the reporting-section, we add an option to report a topic that can be useful for the FAQ-section.
In the report, the reporter can also write the question for which it can serve.

is a very good idea, because everyone can help mods to build the section, but no one can mess it up!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FAQ Section
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:11 pm 
Offline
Moderator
MVP Microsoft Dynamics NAV
NAV TechDays 2014 attendee

Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:13 am
Posts: 7683
Location: Milan
Country: Italy (it)
Belias wrote:
garak wrote:
I think we are getting off-topic

Oh, yes, right, but only a little bit ..... but i've not a problem with a smaltalk about nices stewardesses 8)


\:D/ 2 to the left
\:D/ 2 to the right...

anyway, when i posted this suggestion i've had the same doubt of Alex Chow, but i tought FAQ section as a "theorical how to". I think that
Quote:
Some idea:
We create a FAQ-section, to be maintained by me and Luc.
In the reporting-section, we add an option to report a topic that can be useful for the FAQ-section.
In the report, the reporter can also write the question for which it can serve.

is a very good idea, because everyone can help mods to build the section, but no one can mess it up!

And it helps a lot to speed up the maintaining of the FAQ-topic because we only put links in it.

_________________
Regards,Alain Krikilion
Use the SEARCH,Luke! || No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title! || Read Forum Rules before making a posting

»»» Mark your calendar: NAV TechDays 2014 - 20 & 21 November 2014 ««« Visit the conference website: http://www.navtechdays.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Search for:
Jump to: