Options

Another Dimension Correction Tool v3

AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,496
edited 2013-09-12 in Download section
Another Dimension Correction Tool
This new Dimension Correction Tool replaces the existing dimensions in all the affected tables which were posted using General Journal.
Has features for finding, replacing and navigation through Document No.

Please read the included text file carefully before using.

Try this tool if you have difficulty in finding and replacing wrongly posted dimensions.....
Enjoy folks...

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1333

Discuss this download here.

Comments

• Options
    Another Dimension Correction Tool v2
    This new Dimension Correction Tool replaces the existing dimensions in all the affected tables which were posted using General Journal.

Try this tool if you have difficulty in finding and replacing wrongly posted dimensions.....

Your feedback will be valuable to us. Please send us a feedback, so that we can make this tool more better and add new functionalities.
    Enjoy folks...

Version v2:
    Added features of this tool are addition of "Add Dimension","Comparision Dimension" and automatic update of "Analysis View(s)".

• Options
    Another Dimension Correction Tool v3

Your feedback will be valuable to us. Please send us a feedback, so that we can make this tool more better and add new functionalities.
    Enjoy folks...

Version v3:
    This one is the successor of my previous versions of DCTs. I have added functionality like filtering through Dim Code while lookup for Dimension values. And I have removed the compare function from this version.

Version v2:
    Added features of this tool are addition of "Add Dimension","Comparision Dimension" and automatic update of "Analysis View(s)".

• Options
    asmilie2basmilie2b Member Posts: 122
    I have been testing this tool and it looks really promising for what we need to correct.
    We have a lot of Sales Credit Memos, posted with the wrong GD2. In my test I have selected a document number (the sales credit memo no.), and the tool has corrected the dimensions for the ledger entries and customer ledger entries made for the original cr. memo posting. However, it has not reclassed any entries that came after that, namely an automatic cost posting, and an item charge. Is that the design of the tool, and is it feasible to modify it I wonder? I haven't looked into the code yet.

Bruce Anderson
  • Options
    asmilie2basmilie2b Member Posts: 122
    I see why it is happening now. It searches in the Ledger Entry Dimensions table, and will only mark a General Ledger entry for correction IF there are Ledger Entry DIM values. In our case there aren't. The GD2 code is on the General Ledger Entry line, but not in the Ledger Entry Dimension table. (That in itself is a bit worrying...). Seeing this not sure what to do. I was waiting for something to put me off doing this and I think I found it.

Bruce Anderson
  • Options
    MariosthMariosth Member Posts: 1
    Guys Hi,

The developer of this tool designed it in Nav 6.1 W1. Im wondering whether its fully functional in Nav 5 sp1??