Options

Disable the personalization capability in RTC

sailorsailor Member Posts: 15
edited 2011-01-23 in NAV Tips & Tricks
As Nav2009 R2 has been released, I read somewhere that we are now able to disable the personalization capability for users in the RTC. I found that great, because sometimes you will have users who shouldn't be able to see all columns such as prices or unit cost, and you also don't want them to add columns after they have figured out how that works. You also don't want to create extra pages for them, you simply want to disable the menu options "Choose Columns", "Customize This Page", "Customize...".

Anyway, I couldn't find any further documentation on how to switch this on, respectively off. After an unsuccessful web search here and in PartnerSource, I launched a support case with Microsoft. After having them researched, the answer was disappointing. They don't know about this option. ](*,)

Starting the RTC with the option Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe" /? shows only the following options:
?Profile: name
Configure
Language: id
Settings: file
FullScreen
ShowNavigationPage: show

I created a suggestion in Microsoft Connect and received the answer today. It is available and the option is "/disablepersonalization" \:D/

So if you start the RTC with the option "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\RoleTailored Client\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe" /disablepersonalization
all the menus for customisation or personalization are disabled.

I hope this saves you some time and is useful for you guys. It definitely is for me and my customers.

Wondering what other options are not documented :-k