Options

What controls what units are used in RDLC txt export?

PhennoPhenno Member Posts: 630
edited 2015-09-29 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

does anybody knows how NAV saves units used in RDLC Report? I'm having problems in our VSS when something (or someone) changes report from cm to inches, or vice versa. If I compare changes in txt, then, I get large number of changes which are not changes in reality.

Is this controlled by some setup in moment of export or it's saved in report binary?

Comments

• Options
    JonasAJonasA Member Posts: 28
    It's a tag in the RDLC report itself (often near the bottom of the RDLC XML).
    <rd:ReportUnitType>Cm</rd:ReportUnitType>

I dont know how NAV initially decides whether to use centimeters or inches when you make a new report layout.
  • Options
    PhennoPhenno Member Posts: 630
    JonasA wrote:
    It's a tag in the RDLC report itself (often near the bottom of the RDLC XML).
    <rd:ReportUnitType>Cm</rd:ReportUnitType>

I dont know how NAV initially decides whether to use centimeters or inches when you make a new report layout.
    I now found that in RDLC can be mix of units in one report. For example I see that in nav 2015 w1 with CU11, report 104 indeed says that it's in inches (where you pointed to) but tablix and rows are in centimetres... And NAV 2013 is in inches so I get a bunch of differences.