Options

Upgrade, A connection to SQL server is no longer available

RodtmcleanRodtmclean Member Posts: 84
edited 2015-08-28 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I am upgrading NAV 2009 to NAV 2013 R2 on a client's site. I've been getting an error at the Sync-NAVTenant stage, after the database is converted to 2013 R2 format. I've checked that the Network Services account is properly provisioned, has DBO access etc and timeout has been set to a high value (10 hours) for the client. So I decided to back up the upgrade and run on my laptop where several upgrades have been undertaken, unfortunately the same error: -

I was wondering whether anyone had a definitive checklist to get rid of this, for future ref. In the meantime I've started the upgrade from the beginning on my laptop.

Regards
Roddy

Answers

• Options
    Update

The above also happened on my laptop. I started the NAV client and got the following: -

If anyone has a suggestion. I have terminated the client and I'm leaving my laptop on overnight to see if it sorts itself out (Meta data etc). I've upgraded 2009 to 2013 R2 before without seeing the above behaviour.

Many Thanks
    Roddy
    gls.bmp 183.1K
  • Options
    Hi,

One more piece of information. It was left overnight and I have the same issues as above.

Thanks
    Roddy
  • Options
    I managed to fix this by importing the final FOB's tables in batches followed by the powershell Sync-NAVTenant TheNAVServiceName.

Note, before this I restored to a save point that I made using SQL backup, that was the point at which the database was at 2013 and went on from there.

Regards
    Roddy