ClickOnce Installation failed in client computer

yasithyasith Member Posts: 30
edited 2015-08-26 in NAV Three Tier
Hi everyone.

I am new to ClickOnce installation. I try to intall NAV client using ClickOnce but the installation failed.
These are the steps i followed;

1. Create a shared folder in the NAV server computer. (D:\ClickOnceFileShare)
2. Copied all the content in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\80\ClickOnce Installer Tools" to my shared.
3. Copied all the content in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\80\RoleTailored Client" to "D:\ClickOnceFileShare\Deployment\ApplicationFiles"
4. Copied ClientUserSettings.config file to "D:\ClickOnceFileShare\Deployment\ApplicationFiles"
5. Run Command prompt as Administrator and execute following two commands;
D:\ClickOnceFileShare\Deployment\ApplicationFiles>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.1A\bin\NETFX 4.5.1 Tools"\mage.exe
-update Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe.manifest -fromdirectory .

D:\ClickOnceFileShare\Deployment>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.1A\bin\NETFX 4.5.1 Tools"\mage.exe -update Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.application
-appmanifest ApplicationFiles\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe.manifest
-appcodebase \\STD-SRI-NB809\ClickOnceFileShare\Deployment\ApplicationFilesMicrosoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe.manifest

6. Edit Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe.manifest manually to update description texts.

7. Then I logged-in to my file share and open NAVClientInstallation.html with IE, tick the check box and click install button.

It seems all the files were down loaded and prompt RTC window to enter user name and password. (authentication mode is NavUserPassword)

After that it didn't get connect to the nav server and event log shows following information;
The Windows Location Provider has successfully started
The Windows Location Provider has successfully shutdown

Can anyone help me to sort out this issue?

Best regards,
Yasith

Answers

• TrippyZTrippyZ Member Posts: 87
    Did it pick up the ClientUserSettings.config and therefore is talking to the correct destination. Also, a regular client install doesn't have the problem?
    Professional Navision Developer
  • yasithyasith Member Posts: 30
    Hi TrippyZ,

Thank you for you feedback.

I just noticed that ClientUserSettings.config file was not properly updated.
    I just update DnsIdentity field with my domain name and its working fine now.

<add key="DnsIdentity" value="**********.****.***.***" />

Cheers!
    =D> =D> =D>