Options

New button @ Payment Journal screen

Tazzy1972Tazzy1972 Member Posts: 18
edited 2015-08-11 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all

There was a modification to the Payment Journal form, having added a new print button at the ribbon. The problem was that some users can see the new button whereas some users cannot see. To resolve the problem, I went to the Profile ID and run the function Clear Configuration Pages. This ensured that all users can see the new button on the page. The problem with this is that the customizations in terms of sequence of fields displayed that each users has done individually would have be deleted and users have to re-do the individual Customization.

Is there something that was done wrongly? And what is the proper steps and procedures for this when there are any changes to the Pages.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Lawrence

Comments

• Options
    navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Have you overcome the situation ?
    I hope you can see the required print button, so please change your profile(temporarily) and then login into the system.
    Repeat this for every profile.
    Now or Never
  • Options
    Unfortunately the only way to resolve this is to clear the configuration pages and that is not what is accepted by my customer as the users have to re-do all the individual customization on the pages.
  • Options
    navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Tazzy1972 wrote:
    Unfortunately the only way to resolve this is to clear the configuration pages and that is not what is accepted by my customer as the users have to re-do all the individual customization on the pages.

Have you tried as I suggested ?
    Now or Never
  • Options
    lakshanvindanalakshanvindana Member Posts: 79
    There are few things you MUST do, when you add a new action in to a page.

Action properties : Promoted Category

Either "RunObject" need to specified or code in C/AL Editor.
    Lakshan Kulawansa
    ERP Consultant - MS Dynamics NAV
    https://lk.linkedin.com/pub/lakshan-vindana-kulawansa/37/2a2/592
  • Options
    navuser1 wrote:
    Tazzy1972 wrote:

Have you tried as I suggested ?

You mean change my profile to P1, login, change to P2, login, change to P3, login and so on?