Negative Stock Consistency

MarcosMarcos Member Posts: 55
edited 2015-07-31 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

I am currently investigating the possibilities around preventing/allowing negative stock in NAV 2013 R2. As you probably know Microsoft has added these options fields on the item card which enables us to overrule the global prevent negative stock setting on an item by item bases. In conjunction with these changes a new VerifyOnInventory() function in table 32 Item Ledger Entry is added which conditionally generates an error when an item doesn't have enough inventory to fulfil the demand. The solution provided is not very robust and doesn't offer us enough flexibility, while transfer entries will not generate any error. In addition we would like to create consistency across the whole warehousing module and prevent or allow negative stock for binned and non binned locations. Currently binned locations cannot go into negative stock due to an error message conditionally generated by Codeunit 7301 Whse. Jnl.-Register Line. The main question is does anyone have any experience with allowing negative stock on Bin level? I am currently testing some scenarios with negative stock on bins by simply deactivating the check in Codeunit 7301. So far everything seems to operate as it should (journals incl reclass, transfers) but I may have missed something.

Comments

• jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi Marcos,

we have enforced positive stock only with a customization in CU 22, similar to this what NAV2013R2 implements (we're on NAV 5.0). This is rock solid, there are no situations where this fails... it is only sometimes annoying for the users, but righly so. IMO, the implementation in NAV2013R2 is even better because it considers some specialties that we ignored. In any case, we don't allow negave bin contents.

with best regards

Jens
  • MarcosMarcos Member Posts: 55
    Well thanks for that, much appreciated. Really would like to understand if someone has experience with negative stock on Warehouse level. Please leave a comment if you are that kind of person.