STARTSESSION Exception

MauddibMauddib Member Posts: 269
edited 2015-09-02 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

Just started today playing with START SESSION for the first time on 2015. I created a very simple codeunit which called:

STARTSESSION(myint, 50054, COMPANYNAME);
STOPSESSION(myint, '');

And the codeunit 50054 had a very simple ERROR in it.

I ran it twice and I got my error in the EVENT LOG just fine as I expected to.

However since then when I try to run my codeunit I get a WARNING in the event log about an exception, and the code in CU50054 no longer runs. The same error comes no matter what Service Tier I connect to my database through. And both STARTSESSION and STOPSESSION are returning "TRUE" as if there was no real trouble.
Server instance: node2
User: MYGROUP\myusername
Type: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.Exceptions.NavSessionTerminatedException
Message: Der Server hat die Sitzung (ID: 151) aufgrund einer Anforderung zum Anhalten der Sitzung angehalten.
StackTrace:
     bei Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.SessionAccessLock.ThrowSessionTerminatedException()
     bei Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.SessionAccessLock.BeginExclusiveExecution()
     bei Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.ALSession.RunCodeunitAndDisposeSession(NavSession session, Int32 codeUnitId, NavRecord record)
Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Ncl
HResult: -2146233088

Any ideas? Is it possible there is some lock somewhere, that has not been released, that prevents this "exclusive exection" from running?

Comments

• azatothazatoth Member Posts: 31
    Hi Mauddib,

you can't start a new session with the same ID again, you have to use a different ID.
    you can find the next ID using the Session Event (virtual) Table

Cheers,