Excel Buffer - Formula Bug 2015

MauddibMauddib Member Posts: 269
edited 2015-07-25 in NAV Three Tier
I am not sure if this is a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I used Excel Buffer to create an Excel Sheet in 2015. Everything worked except for my totals.

My totals were a simple =SUM(A1:A10) style formula.

When I open the completed sheet however the cell with the formula in it just shows #NAME. If I click on the cell however and type ENTER, the cell calculates correctly.

Refreshing with F9 or the like does not seem to help. Only clicking into the cell and ENTER does the trick.

Comments

• Jan_VeenendaalJan_Veenendaal Member Posts: 206
    Hi,
    Just tried this. The function AddColumn in the Excel Buffer table has as second parameter a Boolean called 'IsFunction'.

When I add the column with value '=SUM(A1:A10)' and IsFunction=FALSE then I get exactly what you describe. (*UPDATE*) : no , just get the text '=SUM(A1:A10)' instead of '#NAME?' . Maybe it is a language setting thingy ?
    When I add the column with value '=SUM(A1:A10)' and IsFunction=TRUE then I get the result you would expect: the sum of cells a1 through a10.
    Jan Veenendaal
  • MauddibMauddib Member Posts: 269
    Oddly not happening that way for me :(

The "Isformula" boolean decides whether to populate the "Cell Value as Text" or "Formula" fields in the Excel Buffer.

When set to false I get the Formula in the Excel sheet as Text. That is I actually see "=SUM(A1:A10)" in the cell as text.

When set to true I get #name. So it is a mystery to me why you get the correct calculation to show. There may be a setting in Excel I am not seeing causing this.
  • Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
    Is it possible auto calculation got turned off in Excel? http://superuser.com/questions/836324/cells-not-updating-automatically
  • MauddibMauddib Member Posts: 269
    Yea it was the first thing I checked. It is not that.

I am partially convinced it is going to come down to being a language thing actually. And I probably should have made it clear I am using a German EXCEL and Windows here. So apologies for that.

I am using Nav 2015 and I am actually exporting the formula

=SUMME(A1:A10)

and it comes out as #name but when I enter the cell and press ENTER it works fine.

So I am wondering now if somehow when inserting =SUMME(A1:A10) that Navision or the DotNet functions do not understand it is German and so do not recognize the function SUMME? But when I open excel itself and ENTER in the cell - it is THEN recognizing it????

Could that theory be correct, and if so how to correct for it?