Options

Integrating CRM Account <-> Nav Customer using Connector

baretomasbaretomas Member Posts: 3
edited 2015-07-22 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

I'm trying to set up the Dynamics Connector to integrate CRM Account with Nav Customer card. I have got it working FROM Nav to CRM, but when I want to sync new Accounts from CRM to NAV, I've met with a few problems.

The issue is that in Nav the "No" field is generated automatically, and it's not possible to set it to manual. So what I want to do, is create an Account in CRM with an empty Account Number, and then sync it to Nav, which generates the No field, and then syncs that *back* to CRM account again.

Is this at all possible? I've searched around forever, but everyone seems to require to manually enter Account Numbers in CRM... :-k

Thanks in advance,
Tomas

Comments

• Options
    yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi,

You can use CRM plugin (customize) to get next no. of customer no. and update to CRM when they save at CRM. Or let system auto generate the a/c no. at CRM and create new function at nav and rename the no. with next no. of customer inside of your function. And call your function when user hit the button. I did last one because our client has approval setup for customer.

Last time, I saw one blog is show GetNextNoSeries for connector. I forget how does work.
    You can try to search with "NAV/CRM Dynamics Connector–GetNextNo" at bing if you want to search over internet.

Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • Options
    baretomasbaretomas Member Posts: 3
    Hello and thank you,

but I can't see how I can avoid changing the "manual" setting in Nav this way? Connector refuses to send the Account to Nav if it is empty or if the "manual" setting isn't turned on in Nav. I was looking for a way around this...that somehow Nav automatically added a Customer No on the import of the customer.
  • Options
    yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi baretomas,

I forget to tell you to check the "Manual Nos." on your Customer No. Series setup.

- Manual Nos. (Customer, Contact)

Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy