Multiple User Post 1 Document

frederick89frederick89 Member Posts: 10
edited 2015-07-07 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

i need help here..i got 1 scenario as below:

Sales Order got 10 items. But in the same time, User A post item 1 to 3, User B post item from 4 to 6 and User C Edit item from 7 to 10. 3 users post/edit the same Sales Order Document in the same time. Is Nav can block or show any message about this? or any place i can monitor it?

Thank You.

Comments

• Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    No, and this is a completely wrong idea to do in NAV, it goes against its whole philosophy and logic. You need to look at the business case and come up with an entirely different process.

I guess... I just have a have a hunch here, but it looks like your sales order is not just about delivering some goods but a complicated package of goods and services. If so, try to consider each sales a project on its own and using Jobs.
  • frederick89frederick89 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Mr. Miklos Hollender,

Good Morning and thx u for the feedback, in operation/business level, my customer using will create 1 Document/Month and will use that particular document to do shipment. Thus there will be a scenario multiple using posting using same Document. Is Nav able to customize it or where to check which user posting the document? Thx u very much for your kind reply.
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    You can use the warehouse shipments, that should work.