NAV 2013 Calculate Rolled-up Material Cost

MiSta78MiSta78 Member Posts: 3
edited 2015-07-01 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

I have a problem / question regarding the calculation of standard cost in NAV 2013:

Item A is a finished good with costing method standard. It has no routing and a production BOM with only one item, item B (raw material, costing method average). I use the standard cost worksheet to calculate the standard cost of item A.

Last calculation item B had unit cost of 100, standard cost of 100 and rolled-up material cost of 100. So after the calculation, item A also had
standard cost of 100 and rolled-up material cost of 100.

In the meantime unit cost of item B changed to 120. Now I use the standard cost worksheet again to calculate the standard cost of item A. The new standard cost and new rolled-up
material cost of item A is calculated to 120. Fine.

BUT:
I also want to update the standard cost and rolled-up material cost of item B. No matter how I try, it always stays 100.

This causes a problem i.e. in the report rolled-up cost shares. Here item B has material cost of 100 and in the total item A has material cost of 120. The difference cannot be
explained so easily.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to handle this properly in NAV 2013? Or does this have a reason?

Thanks in advance

MiSta78

Comments

• ayhan06ayhan06 Member Posts: 210
    Hi,

"roll up standard cost" function on the standard cost worksheet works for only produced items.

for raw materials (I mean purchased items), run "Calc. Standard Cost" batch on the item card.