MaierMMaierM Member Posts: 6
edited 2015-06-29 in NAV Three Tier
Hi everyone!

I made a custom version of Report 206.

When I click on Preview, these fields appear:

2cg1oyg.jpg

but when I click on Print on PDF or on paper, they don't:

9zm1av.jpg

Does anyone encounter this situation? Has it a solution?

Thanks!

Comments

• evandeveerdonkevandeveerdonk Member Posts: 49
    Hi Maier,

NAV "knows" that it's in Preview or print mode, so my first suggestion would be to check if nothing has been programmed to display only if it's in Preview mode.
    Are the captions in Multi-language?

Ernst
    http://www.vssolutions NAV-Outlook synchronisation re-invented.
  • MaierMMaierM Member Posts: 6
    Hi Maier,

NAV "knows" that it's in Preview or print mode, so my first suggestion would be to check if nothing has been programmed to display only if it's in Preview mode.

Can you explain more clearly? :oops:
    Are the captions in Multi-language?

Ernst

Yes, they're in english and italian languages.
  • evandeveerdonkevandeveerdonk Member Posts: 49
    ok, so the captions do not lead us to a solution.
    You can programm:
    IF CURRREPORT.PREVIEW then

the evidence suggests that something is happening there. (Although chances are slim, but we have to rule it out as a possible cause)
    So you might check the code in the report

Ernst
    http://www.vssolutions NAV-Outlook synchronisation re-invented.
  • QWERT_QWERT_ Member Posts: 13
    Which version of NAV are you using?

If you are developing a RDLC report, this problem occur in the report header with fields that you retrieve from the DataSet. The header does not have an assigned DataSet and therefore cannot query data from your dataitems unless you tell it to specifically. What it can do is to retrieve Report items from the current page it is drawing.
    In preview mode the entire DataSet is available at any given time, which is why header has data. In print mode the DataSet is only available per page and therefore only available when you specifically define the dataset in the header.

The solution is to either include your header fields and captions in your data fields in the report and the reference the report items or specifically define the DataSet in your header items. Your header textbox expressions should be one of the following:
    ReportItems!<YOURREPORTFIELD>.Value //Where <YOURREPORTFIELD> is a field in the body of your report

LAST(Fields!<YOURDATAITEMVARIABLE>.Value, "DataSet_Result") // Where DataSet_Result is the default name of the dataset generated by NAV

• MaierMMaierM Member Posts: 6
    It was a stupid problem of visualization. I solved.

Thanks all!