Options

NAV Server Instance problem

aceXaceX Member Posts: 166
edited 2015-06-21 in NAV Three Tier
Hi there,

I have SQL Server 2012 where is restore some of my databases for local development for my clients. One of my client hav SQL Server 2014, so, to be able to restore his database locally I've installed SQL Server 2014 to my local machine. I set new instance for SQL 2014, example:

SQL Server 2012
Instance: Company
SQL Server 2014
Instance: Company14

in services i have
DynamicsNAV80 service which is using instance: Company, and I have DynamicsNAV80_14 which is using instance Company14.

When I try to open NAV (NAV 2015) the instance DynamicsNAV80 automatically stops. If I try to connect to Instance DynamicsNAV80_14 it looks like it's connected, but there is no companies to open (database is not empty, it's backup from live).

Any opinion is appreciated.

Best Regards

Answers

• Options
    JonasAJonasA Member Posts: 28
    Have you tried to look in the Event Viewer to see if there is any information there?
  • Options
    vasilis6669vasilis6669 Member Posts: 109
    Hi,

Can you please check the following in case the same port 7046 is used for both instances?

1) if Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service is enabled
    2) if Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server service dependency has Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service included
    3) set the nav service account to db_owner in sql

Alternative, read the message from event viewer

Regards,
    Vasilis Charalambous
  • Options
    aceXaceX Member Posts: 166
    Thank you JonasA and vasilis6669. The problem is solved. When I've open Event Viewer I saw that main problem is connection to SQL. So for that I've add to my new instance, db_owner to Network Service, but the problem was still there :). So, the next silly step was: I've delete the DynamicsNAV80_14 and created again, and suddenly it worked :) . Maybe sound silly but that how I solved the problem.

Thank you Jonas and vasilis6669 for your time.

Best Regards