Options

Word-Reporting Questions

SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 2
edited 2015-06-18 in NAV Three Tier
Hi guys,

i've got some Word-Reporting related questions and hope you guys could answere them.

1. Is there an Overview for all existing Word-Layout-Templates? Right now I open the "Report Layout Selection (9652)" Page and search under "Selected Layout" if there is an existing (word "built in") Template. So far I could find Report 1304 & 1305.

2. Will there be more Word-Layout-Templates in the future? Like for example Report 206, or do I have to create a complete new one from scratch and do the same for all other non existing Word-Layout Templates?

3. For the old Reporting you were able to use a Maximum of 64 Interaction Template Fields. So with the new Word-Reporting Feature there will be an almost limitless amount of Interaction Template Fields?

4. What about mass Mailing with Word-Reporting, is there an existing Limit to how much it offers? Did someone already tested it properly?`

5. Do you guys know a good informational Website all about the Topic Word-Reporting? So far I only found some Little blog entries about the Word-Reporting Feature itself or some explanational Videos. But None of them for example explained the "non existing word template overview and so on".

Sry for my medicore english, hope you understood my questions and could possibly help me :)

Greetz

Sparta

Comments

• Options
    BardurKnudsenBardurKnudsen Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 137
    First: There should be decent help on https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn789519(v=nav.80).aspx.
    Second: When we implemented the Word reporting, we re-implemented reports 204-207 as 1304-1307, where we attempted to align the datasets and naming convention, also across country-versions. So if you look for report 206, you should consider using 1306.
    Bardur Knudsen
    Microsoft - Dynamics NAV