Options

NAV 2015. Data Upgrade Dimension problem.

delaghettodelaghetto Member Posts: 89
edited 2015-05-27 in NAV Three Tier
Following the guide to upgrade from NAV 2009 R2 to NAV 2015: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/2015/02/23/upgrading-from-microsoft-dynamics-nav-2009-r2-or-microsoft-dynamics-nav-2009-sp1-to-microsoft-dynamics-nav-2015.aspx

I'm in step 26 "Run the data upgrade process from the Tools menu by selecting Data Upgrade, and then Start"

I get this error:

"The dimension table 355 and parent table 204 do not have matching keys."

I've debugged the process, and this is the execution tree:

Tipo objeto Id. objeto Nombre objeto Nombre de función Nº línea
Codeunit 104049 UpgradeDimensionEntry UpdateParentTable 82
Codeunit 104049 UpgradeDimensionEntry UpgradeTableDim 20
Codeunit 104049 UpgradeDimensionEntry UpgradeTable 12
Codeunit 104052 UPGDIM6080.ES UpdateDimensionTables 1
Codeunit 104055 UPG6080.StartUpgrade StartUpgrade 2

So when UpgradeTableDim does UpgradeDimEntry.UpgradeTable(DATABASE::"Ledger Entry Dimension",0)

I reach UpgradeDimensionEntry.UpdateParentTable(DimTableID : Integer;ParentTableID : Integer;DestDimFieldName : Text) DimTableID is 355, ParentTableID is 0 and DestDimFieldName is 'Dimension Set ID'

Now because ParentTableID is 0, the code uses some SQL command to get ParentID, and for some unknown reason, it finds ParentID = 204.

Any ideas on why it's finding table 204 which is Unit of Measure table, that has nothing to do with dimensions??

The SQL Query is done with SQLCommand2 := SQLCommand2.SqlCommand(TableIDReaderQry,SQLConnection2);, but TableIDReaderQry variable does not exist in the debugger.

Comments

• Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    did you check your dimension tables to see if you have an entry for table 204?
    The process looks at what is in the tables and then tries to convert it whether it is valid or not.
    There is also a bug in the NA version where it does not handle deposit header dimensions because it has a single field primary key.
  • Options
    delaghettodelaghetto Member Posts: 89
    Thanks David.. Indeed, I don't know the reason, but there was a record in Ledger Entry Dimensions related to the Unit of Measure table.

Now we succesfully completed the data upgrade.