Upgrade, VSIFT, rebuild indexes and KEY virtual table

Djou2424Djou2424 Member Posts: 76
edited 2015-05-22 in NAV Three Tier
We are in the process of upgrading a client from 2009 to 2013R2.
We completed 2 successful trial runs in the past few weeks and when we ran the upgrade again for the "go live" we got all kinds of error.

at the beginning of the transfer data process we were getting an error message that is described here:
http://mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... +the+UNION
From research and help of microsoft, it was related to a COLLATION issue which we still don't understand.
But by running a script to update the collation of 2 fields in the metadata snapshot table, we were able to complete the data transfer process and upgrade the db to 2013R2.

However, we now have issues with indexes and VSIFT errors whenever we are opening a page or running a report that is calculating flowfields.
"invalid object name 'databasename.dbo.companyname$Detailed Vendor Ledg_Entry$VSIFT$4'. Statement(s) could not be prepared.

I tried rebuilding the indexes of that table with a SQL script, but the error is still there.
The only way I found to get rid of it is to disable all the keys of that table from the development environment (except the primary key), save, synch, re enable the keys again, save, synch.
If the issue was only for 2-3 tables, that would be easy to fix.
But it seems to affect almost all tables.

I found an old post from Waldo regarding the virtual Key table and how to use it to write a process report that could automate that process.
But when I run the report, it says the Key table is read only, so I guess that solution worked in the previous version of Nav, but doesn't anymore.

So I'm looking for suggestions on what to do/try next.

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Is doing a NAV backup using the NAV Data import/export an option?

If yes, I would do a nav backup. Create a new database and restore the data.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n