Automating Remittance Advice Report

khalilchahinkhalilchahin Member Posts: 25
edited 2015-05-20 in NAV Three Tier
Hello NAV experts,

currently, we are printing remittance advice report for different vendors upon posting payment for them (EFT).

I am just wondering if anyone has the experience in automating this process so it will automatically send remittance advices to vendors as per their payment.

appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Khalil

Comments

• Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
    I don't know if i'm supposed to flog our products on here, but we have an add-on for NAV called DocumentPath that enables electronic payment remittance advices to be sent via email (or whatever the vendor prefers) from the payment journal.

Let me know if you'd like more info...hopefully I don't get banned for posting this!
  • khalilchahinkhalilchahin Member Posts: 25
    I would like more info from you Rob.

Khalil
    Some basic product info is at http://epimatic.com/products/documentpath. (I'm really going to be blacklisted now...sorry Luc! Go easy on me!) You can message me through my user account here or through the support address at the epimatic website.

We are in the process of rebranding our ISV add-on business as DynamicsPath and will be launching a new website soon.
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    I have done it with custom code in NAV 2009 using Bullzip for the PDF files and NAV2013 with the saveaspdf.
    All you do is make a clone of the current remittance advice report with mods to run it for a single vendor - plus run it at time of ACH submission.

Then use the standard codeunit 400 functionality to email - along with a few custom fields - vendor remittance email address and the send from email address.
  • khalilchahinkhalilchahin Member Posts: 25
    Thanks David for your feedback. Appreciate it.
  • grossgross Member Posts: 4
    We did this similar to David above. Combination of extra fields to denote a vendor who wants the advice (Send checkbox & email address) as well as custom sql views to pull the payment info together for a nightly process. We use jitterbit to read the sql views and generate the emails.

greg
    There are many creative solutions to these sorts of requirements and I love hearing them all. My views are biased here as we develop add-ons for NAV, so take that into account with my response. If you have a requirement that can be met with 4-8 hours of development, and you have no needs beyond the scope of that requirement, then a custom approach is very likely the best option. If the development effort is greater, or you have related sending needs in other areas (customer statements, payroll, etc.) then it's worth considering solutions that meet the requirement for a comparable cost and have a zero-time upgrade path. It just makes sense.

As I said, that was a biased response. We're proud of what our add-ons provide for NAV when the requirements fit. Where they don't, or where a custom approach has a decidedly lower cost, we wouldn't push our agenda. The exciting thing for everyone is extending NAV in ways that increase the product's value to users. It's what we all aim for.