Editing Word Layout Report using Office365 ??

maheshroyal34maheshroyal34 Member Posts: 19
edited 2015-04-14 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Experts,

i am facing some problem with world layout report for doing some customisations. we integrated Office365 with Nav2015 and now while trying to edit word layout report form custom report layout selection the report is opening MS office2010(the version installed in client machine) which does not allowing to do customisations/Designing.

My question is,

To work with word layout designing and development is MS Office2013 is must be needed(to be installed in the machines)?? or we can do the same with Office365 ??

If yes, Can you please provide me some details/guidance how to do it.

Thanks in Advance
Mahesh

Comments

• BardurKnudsenBardurKnudsen Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 137
    Well... If you want to edit by clicking the "Edit Layout" action, you need Word installed on the client machine. You can also just click "Export Layout" and then edit the file using the web-version of Word. However, it is only the full PC version of Word that has the Developer tab and XML pane, so you will only be able to do light changes in the web version. Also, you need Word 2013 to work with the XML pane.
    Bardur Knudsen
    Microsoft - Dynamics NAV
  • maheshroyal34maheshroyal34 Member Posts: 19
    Hi BardurKnudsen,

Thanks for your time and quick reply.

So, can we conclude that office2013 to be installed in client\developers machine to work with Word Layout Reports editing. as better option.??

Regards
    Mahesh
  • BardurKnudsenBardurKnudsen Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 137
    Yes. But just for the clients that need to edit the Word layouts, of course.
    Bardur Knudsen
    Microsoft - Dynamics NAV