Sync-NavTenant multitenancy upgrade

MaWMaW Member Posts: 74
edited 2015-04-09 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I am moving tenants from 2013R2 to NAV 2015 CU4. There are no changed objects besides from reports. So completely standard out-of-the-box databases.
In fact the tenants are using the C5 2014 license/miniapp license.
I am pretty new at this, but as far as I can read my only option to upgrade the tenantdb is to mount it to the new NAV 80 service, and run Sync-NavTenant.

So I tried that, but it gave me a couple of warnings:
Sync-NAVTenant : The schema synchronization may result in deleted data. The following destructive changes were
detected:

Table: 36, Sales Header
Field: 1200, Direct Debit Mandate ID: Data type changed
Table: 1223, Posting Exch. Column Def
Field: 9, Multiplier: Deleted
Table: 1226, Payment Export Data
Field: 240, Format ID: Deleted

I am pretty certain that it will have no impact on the data in my tenant.
But what is the best approach to make sure, that nothing is lost or I do not end up with a tenant that cannot run?

Thanks.

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Are you using standard Upgrade steps?

If yes then did you import Upgrade objects to your database? Those are standard tables/fields so that data should have taken care by standard Upgrade tool
  • MaWMaW Member Posts: 74
    I could not find a good upgrade guide for multitenancy. :(
    The tenant database cannot be opened in dev env, so how would i proceed on that?
  • ssissi Member Posts: 39
    I get that error as well, but just for tables 1223 and 1226. Those tables are empty (no records), so there will be no "deleted data" or "destructive changes." As far as I can tell, those referenced fields existed in NAV 2013 but were eliminated in NAV 2015. How do I get around this or force the sync? (I am upgrading from NAV 2013 to NAV 2015. I have imported the NAV 2015 application objects and upgrade toolkit objects.) ](*,)
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    you can force sync if there is no data or you don't need it.
    otherwise you have to write a upgrade codeunit either to copy/move the data to a custom range table
  • ssissi Member Posts: 39
    Ah! I see it now in Development Environment: Tools->Sync. Schema for all Tables->Force. That worked. \:D/