Function Send To Excel Have Some Problems (NAV2013R2)

QuickWEQuickWE Member Posts: 80
edited 2015-08-19 in NAV Three Tier
Dear All Expert

I have found some big problems about "Send To Excel" Function. That is every Fields that datatype is option,it will show the wrong value ,For the example in a field "Type" if value is "Item" When i click this function and look at the Excel sheet the result it's will be show as "G/L Account".

If I use the MS office 2013 the result was perfectly but if use the MS 2010 The result is always wrong in every option fields.

Any Ideas,

Thank in advance :P :P

Comments

• MarijnMarijn Member Posts: 69
    Hi,

I ran into the same problem. All captions seem to be shifted one integer position down. However, someone showed me a R2/Office 2010 combination working just fine.

When I find the solution or a workaround, I will post it here. But honestly, I have no idea how to fix this.
  • QuickWEQuickWE Member Posts: 80
    Marijn wrote:
    Hi,

I ran into the same problem. All captions seem to be shifted one integer position down. However, someone showed me a R2/Office 2010 combination working just fine.

When I find the solution or a workaround, I will post it here. But honestly, I have no idea how to fix this.
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • NH2501NH2501 Member Posts: 1
    QuickWE wrote:
    Marijn wrote:
    Hi,

:lol::lol::lol:

Got the same problem. And I'm afraid it's on the combination of 2013R2 (W1 7.1.36897) with Office 2010 (14.0.6129.500 32-bit).
  • aceXaceX Member Posts: 165
    Guys, have you tried with disabling Dynamics NAV Add in in Excel? Maybe that wold not solve the problem but you can try.

1.Open Excel
    2.FILE >> Options >> Add-Ins
    3.In Manage combo choose COM Add-Ins and there uncheck Dynamics NAV Add in.

I'm not sure but this maybe will solve the problem.

Regards
  • MarijnMarijn Member Posts: 69
    Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try it out and let you know whether it solved the problem.

Regards
  • MaciMaci Member Posts: 65
    aceX wrote:
    Guys, have you tried with disabling Dynamics NAV Add in in Excel? Maybe that wold not solve the problem but you can try.

1.Open Excel
    2.FILE >> Options >> Add-Ins
    3.In Manage combo choose COM Add-Ins and there uncheck Dynamics NAV Add in.

I'm not sure but this maybe will solve the problem.

Regards

I really don´t understand what, but it works! I have the problem with the value of an option field (having a +1 value) with NAV 2015 and Office 2013 R2... And disabling Dynamics NAV Add-in I dont have the error... :cry: But I dont know if this solution will "broke" another thing.

Thankyou
  • iceborgiceborg Member Posts: 67
    It means you will no longer use Excel Add-In and will revert to the regular Export to Excel.
    You will loose the ability to refresh the data in Excel.

Anyway, I believe this is fixed in the latest CU (28) for NAV 2013.

https://mbs2.microsoft.com/Knowledgebas ... US;3075723
  • thphan75thphan75 Member Posts: 2
    We just ran into the same problem after the CU27 update, shocking that it's been around since CU24 but a quick fix, without having to merge/update codes to CU28, which appears to fix the issue, is to replace the 3 RTC files Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.ExcelAddin.* with an older, working version. After this, it appears to fix the issue for us. Users will have to exit out of all open Excel applications before the fix will take affect on their station.