Options

Chaching SQL requests?

LgooLgoo Member Posts: 45
edited 2015-02-03 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

we have some strange behavior in Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 after we updated it from NAV 2009 R2. A user is typing a not existing value in a Lookup field on a Page an recives the message "Value in Table xyz cannot find..". After that he insert the value in Table "xyz" and go back to the Page with the lookup field, he recives the error message again "Value in Table xyz cannot find...". But he can see the inserted value in the dropdown list. Restarting the Client or killing the session has no effect. Other users can use the new inserted value and after a while, like some hours the user who inserted his value can now use ist...

So my speculation is, that the sql server is doing some chaching for a specific user. Does someone know this behavior?

thanks and best regards

Comments

• Options
    vremeni4vremeni4 Member Posts: 323
    Hi,

I think it may be the way how the data is inserted.
    A user is typing a not existing value in a Lookup field on a Page an receives the message "Value in Table xyz cannot find..".
    When the error message appears the user should click on Refresh button to remove the error message. (Or on ESC)
    When the error message disappears the user can go (drilldown -> Advanced) and insert this new value, and select it in the lookup field.

If this scenario above does not work then there has to be some code that forces a check on validation trigger.
    You may need to look at that code and change it.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi,

the error appears also when i close the page, on the lookup i can see the value. But when i select it, the error message appears again.
    There is no code in the validation trigger, the field has only a table relation. Forcing the validation with code does not help..

I found a Hotfix in the cumulative update 15 "KB 362152 Disabling Data Caching", there are no more information about it but maybe it can help.
  • Options
    Hi,

To be very frank with you I think this issue is caused by some wrongly set property or something similar.
    I think this is not related to cashing.
    I would double check following things .
    1. There is no code on the validation trigger on the table level.
    2. There is no code on the validation trigger on the Page level for this field.
    3. The table relation is set on the table level and not on the page. (If you open page go to this field, Table relation should be <Undefined>). If you have table relation set on the table and page level you can some strange behaviour.
    4. Is the key on the lookup table composite e.g. key is "Document No.", "Document Type". If it is composite then table relation won't work properly all the time.
    5. Are there any other unusual property settings on this field or page e.g. delayed insert.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi,

thank you very much for your answer.

1. No code.
    2. No code.
    3. The relation is only set on the table.
    4. I´ve got this problem on different tables e.g. Permission Set, there is only one primary field.
    5. No the table and page are clean..

This problems appears not always.. and also in microsoft standard objects.
  • Options
    Hi,

1. Can you double check what build do you use. I hope it is build 36366 or later. Or builds before that have nasty bugs.
    2. Can you send me a screen-shot with the error message, as I got the feeling that you translated the error message. (I speak German so that is fine )
    3. Is it possible to describe a scenario in standard NAV e.g. on the permission set table so that I can re-create the same issue.

Thanks.