ACDS VT100Plugin Missing Lines when using Selection List

okioki Member Posts: 46
edited 2015-01-29 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

if I insert a Miniform Line of Area = Header in a Miniform Selection List the Selection List will not be completely shown on the terminal device.

Sure, I've checked the following older posts
ADCS Output Lines
and also
ADCS Selction List Incomplete
These solutions are not possible to use, because in 2013 the registry key doesn't exists anymore. Creation of the key has also had no effect.

After a few tests it is clear for me, that it has only to do with the number of header lines in a Miniform.

Original output without Header(s)
1. Option1
2. Option2
3. Option3
4. Option4
5. Logoff
Your Selection:

If I add 1 header line
Hdrline1
1. Option1
2. Option2
3. Option3
Your Selection:

If I add 2 header lines
Hdrline1
Hdrline2
1. Option1
Your Selection:

I've also checked the XML-Transfer-Data from NAV to the VT100-Service
The Data is always correctly formatted on the three examples above.
Only the header item is added as expected.

How can this behaviour be solved?
Is there a special support address for the VT100 Plugin on Microsoft where I can report this case?

!!! It's very important for us using a header line, because we intend to use pick-by-voice.
Therefore we need to print a unique mask(menu,screen,form)-identifier which the voice software can use to identify which text is to speak or on which words it has to react. !!!

Oli

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]
  • okioki Member Posts: 46
    there is a solution to the issue above:
    In 2013 the number of screen lines can be set in the config file of the VT100Plugin instead of the registry.
    Use admin rights to edit the file "Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.VT100Plugin.exe.config" in the ADCS Plugin directory (usually located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\70\Automated Data Capture System").
    In the <Terminal> tag you can specify the attribute screenLines with an integer value (i.E. screenLines="10")

If I change the config file and set screenLines to 10, the output text is shown correctly.
    Don't forget to restart the VT100 Plugin Service after editing.

Oli