Options

Item card modification permissions

shankshank Member Posts: 55
edited 2015-02-07 in NAV Three Tier
NAV 2009R2

How do I limit who can modify the item card?
For example, I want to allow engineers to create the item, but allow manufacturing to modify the bin fill checkbox on the card, nothing else.

Comments

• Options
    ArjanLArjanL Member Posts: 23
    Easiest way is to create two Item card pages. One totally editable (or the current one) and a new one where all fields but Bin are non-editable.
    Give the engineers access to the first one, and the other people to the second one.
  • Options
    TonyDuarteTonyDuarte Member Posts: 92
    If you want to spend some time and avoid consume an object, you can always make a few boolean variables to control the access to the fields.

You would have to check the permitions of the user to see if you will enable/disable the access to the fields and in this case, change between true/false the boolean fields.

Something like:

Field X, properties Enable, instead of true/false would be your boolean variable.
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Easy Security (by Mergetool) also has an add-on for this. Not only do they do it for the item card, but it can be used across other areas.
  • Options
    rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
    We do permission sets for every single department and have them set for each one.. not hard just time consuming.
    -rico1931
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Alex Chow wrote:
    Easy Security (by Mergetool) also has an add-on for this. Not only do they do it for the item card, but it can be used across other areas.

I don't have any personal experience with Easy Security, but our implementation teams seem to like it and use it on many projects.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.