Options

XMlPort Sales Header Import / UPS Writeback

ebrandtebrandt Member Posts: 2
edited 2015-03-01 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

I am new to nav 2013 and have be trying to import the package tracking number into the sales header (Order Only)based on an tab file. I have created the XMLPort object a tab file:

TAB FILE
S1018609 1Z723E460376110662
S1018775 1Z723E460376607475

XMLPORT OBJECT

Node Name Node Type Source Type Data Source
ShipInfo Element Text <ShipInfo>
SalesHeaderRecord Element Table <Sales Header>(Sales Header)
SalesOrderNumber Element Field Sales Header::No.
TrackingNumber Element Field Sales Header::Package Tracking No.

I have read the walkthroughs and set all the field properties correctly. When I run from the object designer and select the text file the import runs fine. When I check the sales header table for the order numbers it imported a new record as a quote instead of updating the Order.

My plan is to get this working manually then assign the XMLPORT Object to a trigger to check a shared directory and update sales orders a couple times a day. I have set up UPS to pull the data from an SQL view I created (since the backend tables had spaces in the names). That part works well.

I have was also able export / append the UPS tracking data to a TAB file during processing. I am hoping I am heading in the write direction. I have read about using access and linked tables but that seems like a work-around and those posts are 6 - 10 years old.

I appreciate any help as I am now running out of resources. Thanks in advance!!!
Erich

Comments

• Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    You have to also set the sales header "document type" so it goes to "order" instead of "quote".
    It's an option field and you didn't specify which option.
    So it's defaulting to the first option.
    0 = Quote, 1 = Order, 2 = Invoice, 3 = Credit Memo, 4 = Blanket Order, 5 = Return Order