Options

NAV 2013 R2: Unable to login using RTC client

MMVMMV Member Posts: 99
edited 2015-04-10 in NAV Three Tier
Dear All,

I am trying to connect using NAV 2013 R2 Client from one of the user computers using NavUserPassword authentication., but it's giving the error:

A server was not found at "net.[url=tcp://servername:7046/DynamicsNAV71/Service]tcp://servername:7046/DynamicsNAV71/Service[/url]". Either the URL is incorrect or the server is currently not available.

But when I login by giving incorrect password, it says that "The specified user name or password is not correct, or you do not have a valid user account in Microsoft Dynamics NAV." - it indicates that it's able to connect to server and is able to validate. But why it's not able to login when I provide the correct password?

The surprising thing is that I am able to connect from other two computers in the same network.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
MMV

Comments

• Options
    Rikt-ItRikt-It Member Posts: 37
    Check the adress in his config-file.

run --> %appdata%
    Regards
    Christer in Stockholm, Sweden
  • Options
    Dear Rikt-It,

Thank you for your reply.

Are you talking about the ClientUserSettings.config file on the Client machine?

I have already replaced this one with the one from the computer where it's working.

Best Regards,
    MMV
  • Options
    postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hey,

What does event Viewer of Client and Server Says?

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • Options
    PoltergeistPoltergeist Member Posts: 200
    Certificates setup correctly?
  • Options
    Dear Saurav, Poltergeist,

Thank you.

Sorry for the delayed post.

@ Saurav:
    Nothing is recorded in the event viewer.

@ Poltergeist:
    Certificates are been correctly imported. Moreover, system is validating if the password is incorrect. But when the correct password is entered, it shows up the error mentioned in the post.

Best Regards,
    MMV
  • Options
    einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Did you find a solution for it? I'm facing the same issue.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • Options
    shyamkant4ushyamkant4u Member Posts: 3
    I was facing the same issue recently and as a workaround I tried using IP Address in place of server name in url and it worked. Though after digging deep it was resolved after restarting the service with same service account that is used on DB Server.
    Shyam