Options

Conditional CardFormID for a List page

KarlRhodesKarlRhodes Member Posts: 37
edited 2014-10-30 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

I'm what you would call a bit of a newbie when it comes to Navision development so please bear with me.

I've been given the task of developing an expense system where users will enter their expenses on a website and these claims will be maintained in Navision 2009 r2 RTC.

When the finance department look at a list of expenses claims on a list page, they can double click an expense to view the expense card. This card will in turn have a page part that lists the expense lines.

Some of these expense lines are for mileage and when a user double clicks these mileage expense lines on the expense card, another page (preferably a list) should open to display the mileage breakdown for that line. Multiple mileage expense lines could be created against an expense header as they could be claiming mileage on different days.

What I would like to know, is how do I prevent the user opening the mileage breakdown page if the expense line is not a mileage expense line?

Additional complexity is added as some lines will be entertainment expenses, and these will need a different card part as they will need to open a different list page (one that breaks down the entertainment expense to a list of persons entertained)

I do hope what I want to achieve can be done, and look forward to your responses...

Karl

Comments

• Options
    JuhaJuha Member Posts: 39
    I understand it as you have a expense card with header and lines. The lines have different types and depending on the type you want to open one of 2 pages when user double click a line. Right?

The lines are shown in a ListPart page, so there is no double click functionality.
    What you can do is add a Page Action to you listpart page and set shortcut to Return. In the page action you have the record and can code which page to open based on values on the record.

/Juha