.NET Error occuring - Cases Web Client to be inaccessible

asmilie2basmilie2b Member Posts: 122
edited 2014-11-05 in NAV Three Tier
(NAV 2013 R1).

Roughly once a week it seems our NAV Web Client becomes inaccessible. Message shown in Browser is "403: Service Not available".
When this happens only restarting the server completely resolves it.

Looking in the event viewer, I see always the below
Source: ASP.NET4.0.30319.0

Application ID: /LM/W3SCV/2/ROOT
Not Enough Server Storage Is Available to Process This Command

There is about 15GB of hard disk space on the tier server, and it is running with 32GB of RAM. The above sounds like some kind of memory heap not being released or the like. Has anyone experienced similar?

Bruce Anderson

Comments

• defiant701defiant701 Member Posts: 79
    Hm, it's quite some time ago since I used 2013R1, but I remember I had several errors with the web client. Maybe the storage thing is not cause by the machine itself. I'm not sure but I had something similar caused by timeouts in SQL connection. Could you please post some more details (OS version, IIS version and what's in the event viewer regarding this error).

KR
    Debuggers don't remove bugs, they only show them in slow-motion

LinkedIn
    XING
  • asmilie2basmilie2b Member Posts: 122
    Many thanks for the response. Some more info...

Tier OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
    IIS Version: 7.5.7600.16385
    SQL: SQL Server 2012 Standard

Below is the full text of the error log:
    ----
    An unhandled exception occurred and the process was terminated.

Application ID: /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT

Process ID: 4780

Exception: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception

Message: Not enough storage is available to process this command

StackTrace: at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper..ctor(Int32 classStyle, Int32 style, Int32 exStyle, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, String name, IntPtr parent, HwndWrapperHook[] hooks)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher..ctor()
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.WindowsThreadingDispatcher.AttachDispatcherToThread()
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.LogicalThread.InitializeDispatcher()
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.LogicalThread.ThreadStart()
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Bruce Anderson
    Well that's not the issue I had. In your case it seems that there is an issue with the application pools identity. Do you use the "out-of-the-box" values provided from the installation routine of NAV? Please check your ApplicationPoolIdentity (for right .net CLR Version, integrated mgt. pipeline mode - basic & identity to ApplicationPoolIdentity or specific user account- advanced). After recycling & restarting let's see if this works.

LinkedIn
    XING
    Thanks again.
    So, IIS is definitely not my area of expertise. But I am guessing the attached is where you mean.
    I see a miriad of settings for the applicationpool, like timeout etc that sound like they could help. (Or make the situation worse if I mess with them the wrong way). Or do you mean to just do something to "recycle" here as a test next time this happens, and if so, can you tell me what?

Bruce Anderson
    Hi,
    I would just use the "recycle" action and see if this works. The rest looks good so far. If not try to change the ApplicationPoolIdentity to a AD user. I seems that this is a known issue with iis (see also http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3048 ... ailable-to as well as https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStu ... is-command)

Good luck!!

LinkedIn
    XING
    Many thanks will do, and will post back results.

Bruce Anderson
    Ok... I have made some progress. When this issue re-occured, I see that in the IIS Manager, the application pool for web client was stopped. When I click on start, web client is accessible again. So nice that I can restart it now without needing to restart the server.

But, how can I stop this from happening. DO I need to make the recycling settings make it recycle more often perhaps?

Bruce Anderson