Options

Client Monitor in NAV 2009 R2

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
edited 2014-10-27 in NAV Three Tier
Sir,

The below mentioned code is found during the performance checking of a NAV Classic report but I have never found the order by/shorted by the key of "Posting Date","No." in report designer.

How does it come in sql query ?
SELECT TOP 501 * FROM "CompanyName$Sales Invoice Header" WITH (READUNCOMMITTED)   WHERE (("Posting Date">={ts '2013-01-01 00:00:00.000'} AND "Posting Date"<={ts '2013-02-28 00:00:00.000'})) ORDER BY "Posting Date","No_" OPTION (OPTIMIZE FOR U)
Now or Never

Comments

• Options
    matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    navuser1 wrote:
    Sir,

The below mentioned code is found during the performance checking of a NAV Classic report but I have never found the order by/shorted by the key of "Posting Date","No." in report designer.

How does it come in sql query ?
    SELECT TOP 501 * FROM "CompanyName$Sales Invoice Header" WITH (READUNCOMMITTED)   WHERE (("Posting Date">={ts '2013-01-01 00:00:00.000'} AND "Posting Date"<={ts '2013-02-28 00:00:00.000'})) ORDER BY "Posting Date","No_" OPTION (OPTIMIZE FOR U)

Hi

You are on SQL 2008 or newer (flag OPTIMIZE FOR UNKNOW), you changed the cache recordset on File->database->alter->Advanced to 500 records (SELECT TOP 501) and you did a FINDSET(FALSE) (without cursor and without locking) :)

I think you have somewhere a "SETCURRENTKEY("Posting Date");" because "No_" (primary key) is automatically added by NAV to all secondary keys.

Matteo
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer
  • Options
    navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    We'r using SQL Server 2008 R2.
    The default record set is 500.

Here FINDSET is used to loop through a set without updating/locking it.

What could be reason for the slower performance of the report ? :-k

EDITED :
    We redesign the Classic Report and the slow performance issue is gone. :D
    Now or Never