Options

"Scrambled" Reports in Nav2013

TwistTwist Member Posts: 3
edited 2014-09-26 in NAV Three Tier
Dear Mibuso Community,

My Coworkers and I are currently facing a problem in Nav2013.
We are updating a company from Nav2009 to Nav2013 and most things are going fine, except the fact that Reports seem to be "scrambled"- If you look at them and the preview, they look totally fine, but if you print them, there is literally not even a pixel between the letters and the whole report is really bad to read.
We allready checked the fonttype and switched it for testing purposes, it doesn't effect anything.

To show you what I mean exatctly, I have taken two screenshots , one of the preview and one of the printed report.

The preview version:

And the printed version:

Thank you in advance!
B1.PNG 49.6K
B2.PNG 42.1K

Comments

• Options
    BenSydneyBenSydney Member Posts: 56
    Hi,

I think it might be related to a general Microsoft issue on one of the following server platforms:
    • Windows Server 2008 R2
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

You can try this hotfix:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2768741

Cheers,
    Ben
  • Options
    defiant701defiant701 Member Posts: 79
    Hi Twist,

can you describe your installation? Did you try the print outs on different clients? The issue BenSydney is pointing at is related to terminal server environments when printers are redirected. In your case it looks like a printer issue on the workstation.

KR
    defiant701
    Debuggers don't remove bugs, they only show them in slow-motion

LinkedIn
    XING
  • Options
    TwistTwist Member Posts: 3
    Hi Guys and thanks for your Help!

BenSydney was right, it was a problem related to a bug in Windows Server 2008 R2.
    The Company installed the hotfix mentioned in this article http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/2013/02/25/nav-2013-printing-over-terminal-server-can-scramble-reports.aspx and everything is working fine now.

Again, thanks for your time!