Options

Use CloseXML to outstream Blob to Excel

csimoneaux0527csimoneaux0527 Member Posts: 21
edited 2014-09-12 in NAV Three Tier
I am trying to use CloseXML to outstream a Blob (Company Logo) to an Excel File.

I was trying to find out how the Standard nav 2013 (not 2013 R2) exports this blob file to Excel. My Debugger and/or License will not show this code. Does anyone know?

Can anyone drop a hint on how to Get the Company Logo, stored in Navision Company Information Table, into an Excel sheet using Close XML?

Comments

• Options
    Igor_PchelnikovIgor_Pchelnikov Member Posts: 25
    Hello,
    ClosedXML seems still doesn't support image insertion. You can check OpenXML solutions on internet and try to play with the code there (for example like in last post here Link )
  • Options
    csimoneaux0527csimoneaux0527 Member Posts: 21
    Is there a way using interop or OpenXML or System.OI ?

I am looking all through internet and so far no luck.
  • Options
    Igor_PchelnikovIgor_Pchelnikov Member Posts: 25
    Hello,
    as I understood you want to avoid using excel interface but write data with something else like OpenXML or ClosedXML.

As Picture is an object in excel and this can't be easily achieved, I'd suggest you in case if it's a one image - preparing a template and write your data not to blank document but template. We made same trick for PP export :)

In case if you want to spend some money - you can find .NET library for writing Excel files.

Igor