How to display List-page in Edit-mode?

Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
edited 2014-09-08 in NAV Three Tier
In NAV 2013 R2, I'm starting a page of PageType List through C/AL code:
IF PAGE.RUNMODAL(PAGE::"Workflow Actors",tmpWFASetup) = ACTION::LookupOK THEN BEGIN
  [...]
People now need to press the Action "Edit List" to make this page editable and do their input. Can't I set a property of the page so it always opens in Edit-mode? I cannot find a way to achieve this.
No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)

Comments

• lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Hi Luc,

I reported this issue already on NAV 2009 (How-to: Set View Mode on Pages as Default). Recently checked if they had fixed it. Unfortunately not.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • TonyDuarteTonyDuarte Member Posts: 92
    @lvanvugt

Can't the work around you posted in your blog be adapted?
    http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/vanvugt/archive/2010/05/11/how-to-set-view-mode-on-pages-as-default.aspx

I mean, at least it would be something since the solution isn't implemented...
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    TonyDuarte wrote:
    Can't the work around you posted in your blog be adapted?

Hi Tony, in what sense be adapted? By MS?
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • TonyDuarteTonyDuarte Member Posts: 92
    For Luc to handle the problem.

Just because don't know if MS will ever going to make possible to have something to set the edit or view mode as an extra parameter.
  • vremeni4vremeni4 Member Posts: 323
    Hi Luc,

If you change the Property Pagetype of the page "Workflow Actors" to be worksheet, the page will be shown in Edit mode automatically. No need for any workarounds.
    Pagetype list and worksheet look very similar, so the data will be shown in the same way.

I hope this helps.