Options

SQL account different to NAV service account (NAV2009 R2)

seff_yohansonseff_yohanson Member Posts: 23
edited 2014-09-08 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

I am familiar with the 3 tiers on 3 computers document which I have followed and setup other servers in the past, however, I am having problems which I suspect are down to having a different user running SQL and the NAV middle-tier. Both are Domain accounts.

When I launch the RTC I get the error "Login Failed when connecting to SQL Server" and in the event log
"Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.NavDatabasePasswordException"

In the SQL Error Log I get "Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'. Reason: Token-based server access validation failed with an infrastructure error. Check for previous errors."

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Options
    seff_yohansonseff_yohanson Member Posts: 23
    My delegation (setspn -l domain\user)

HTTP/Server.Sub.Domain.com
    HTTP/Server
    DynamicsNAV/Server.Sub.Domain.com:7046
    MSSQLSvc/Server.Sub.Domain.com:1433
  • Options
    aniishaniish Member Posts: 27
    create an SPN for the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server service. The syntax is:
    setspn -A InstanceName/FullyQualifiedDomainNameOfServer:Port Domain\User

setspn -A DynamicsNAV/NAVSERV.yourDomain.yourCompany.com:7046 yourDomain\yourUser
    Replace "yourDomain," "yourCompany," and "yourUser" with the appropriate values.

Create an SPN for the SQL Server service. This service runs on the NAVSQL computer with a default instance name of MSSQLSvc. Type the following command:
    setspn -A MSSQLSvc/NAVSQL.yourDomain.yourCompany.com:1433 yourDomain\yourUser

After doing this if still you are getting error then use following steps:
    1. remove all the spn's.
    2. run command prompt with administrator.
    3. run following commands
    setspn -A InstanceName/FullyQualifiedDomainNameOfServer Domain\User
    setspn -A DynamicsNAV/NAVSERV.yourDomain.yourCompany.com yourDomain\yourUser
    Replace "yourDomain," "yourCompany," and "yourUser" with the appropriate values.

setspn -A MSSQLSvc/NAVSQL.yourDomain.yourCompany.com:1433 yourDomain\yourUser