Options

[2013R2] import objects fails miserably on cyclic dependency

jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
edited 2014-08-08 in NAV Three Tier
Hi there,

I'm pretty much baffled by this one, and I must say annoyed:

- I have a DB which is 2013R2 technical, 2013 objects (all properly converted like described on MSDN).
- The 2013R2 binaries are CU 9 build 37221.
- The objects in the database are 2013 W1 RU9 Rev. 35782.
- Now I want to import the standard objects of NAV2013 W1 CU 16 Rev. 37201 into this database with "import objects". And this simply fails. I have narrowed it down to this dependency:

Type No. Name Action New Object Version List
Table 1207 Direct Debit Collection Create NAVW17.00.00.36005
Table 1208 Direct Debit Collection Entry Create NAVW17.00.00.36005
Table 1230 SEPA Direct Debit Mandate Create NAVW17.00.00.36005

These three tables need to be created. Sounds like no big deal. But all combinations fail with an error message:

- Table Data 1230 doesn't exist. (1207, 1208)
- The variable "Mandate ID" is unknown. (1230)

And now what? I think I know how to resolve it, but WTF? Doesn't anybody in the world import new objects with code anymore? And why doesn't the import create the tables first before trying to compile them? I mean, really, what is the one special case where this works? Any real world application objects have dependencies! And these are STANDARD objects.

Sigh.

](*,)

with best regards

Jens

Comments

• Options
    dbabasdbabas Member Posts: 33
    OK jglathe. I think you have a point.
    If I'm not misunderstanding your case, the only way to solve the problem is to make comments all relative references, then compile each table separately and finally uncomment and re-compile.
  • Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi,

an update to tis: The root cause seems to be a problem with objects which were saved from NAV2013. Yes, I know. I don't want to start another rant. ](*,) Anyway, the other way to solve this:

- create a new database from the NAV2013 CU16 demo.bak file
    - open it with NAV2013R2 (set up an appropriate service tier first), let the conversion run its course.
    - import the changed objects from the technical update, see link from the original post
    - compile all
    - export the objects you need
    - import them into the target database.

The objects saved from NAV2013R2 don't seem to have this issue.

with best regards

Jens