Problem Upgrading from Nav 2009 R2 to 2013 R2

cacilleycacilley Member Posts: 31
edited 2014-10-31 in NAV Three Tier
Currently I have been able to get the data transferred and opened in Nav 2013. When I try to convert the data by opening the 2013 R2 development environment, I get the error:'TableData 2000000010 does not exist'. The research I have done is that this table is a hidden table that is labeled as the Database File. I was wondering if anyone has had this issue on the conversion or may have any solution to this error?

Comments

• vremeni4vremeni4 Member Posts: 323
    Hi,

There is a Form, Report,Codeunit,Page or Dataport that is based on this table.
    Table 2000000010 is "Database file" which may have been used in a form or code to show database files.
    Second option is that Object table contains incorrect values.

The best option would be to compile all objects.
    The same error message should appear while you compile the objects.
    After you resolve this issue you should be able to continue.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
    Ivan
  • cacilleycacilley Member Posts: 31
    Thank you for your reply vremeni. I believe the object table contains incorrect values. I will see if I can try to resolve the issue and just compile the objects. I appreciate your response.
  • fadefade Member Posts: 3
    hi cacilley,

i have the same issue. Did you get a solution ?
    What did you do to fix this problem please ?

thanks.
  • postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hey Fade,

Just check permissions of the user in SQL database.

The User who is doing this activity should have DBO Rights on database. I would suggest to use a SQL Sysadmin User to be used during upgrade activity.

Let us know if the problem is still not resolved.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
    Hi postsaurav

I already use a sysadmin account. I've seen that a the view Database File (2000000010) was missing.
    I created it again but unfortunatly i still have the same problem.

How to rebuild that virtual table ?
    Hi,

Open Object designer and find the table Object Metadata.
    Delete the record for the table Database File (2000000010) from "Object Metadata" table.

Compile the objects after this.

This should resolve the issue.
    Hi

Thanks a lot for your suggest. I'm using Nav 4.0 SP3 and table "Object Metadata" doesn't exist.
    Do you have any suggest for these version ?

best regards
    Hi Fade,

I am a bit confused.
    The original question was related to a conversion (Upgrade).
    The virtual table Database File (2000000010) does not exist in NAV 2013 any more, and sometimes when you convert the database from NAV 2009 to NAV 2013 the "object metadata" table is not updated.
    Hence the error.

In you case this error does not make sense, as the table Database File (2000000010) exist in NAV 4.
    The only scenario that I can think of is that there is an object e.g. form in your database that uses this table to get information about the size of the database, but the user does not have permission to access this table. Hence the error.
    (The table Database File (2000000010) contains information about the database files and the size of the files)
    1. You can test this table by starting "Object Designer" -> Form -> click on button "New" to create a new form
    2. In the Field "Table" insert 2000000010 or drill down and scroll until you find this table (you will see there are even more Virtual tables visible in this way which are not shown in the Object designer. )
    3. Select "Create a form using a wizard" and then select "Tabular-Type Form"
    4. Click on OK.
    5. Click on the button ">>" and after that on Preview
    You should be able to see records from this table.

You will need to be db_Owner on the SQL side and SUPER user in NAV. (Developers license may also be necessary)

I hope this helps.
    Thanks.