Options

NAV2013 Web Client - Ribbon Buttons

johntaylormfcjohntaylormfc Member Posts: 22
edited 2015-02-02 in NAV Three Tier
I have installed the web client for NAV2013. The pages appear OK, and I can open and edit sales orders, for example.

However, the buttons and tabs on the ribbon, do not work. Clicking on them, nothing happens. also the images do not display correctly.

In the attachment, nothing happens when I click on Home, Actions, Navigate etc, across the top. the same with New, Edit, View etc.

I can however click on an item and edit the details when the item card pops up.

I have had a look at IIS, but this is not something I have much experieicen with, I am afraid.

Has anyone seen this before, or have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

John

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    For me it looks like not whole page was downloaded. Are you sure that download of the page was finished?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    The page seems to have finished loading.

For example, when we load the sales order list, then everything below the ribbon works OK. We can click on the no. and open the sales order. when the sales order opens, we can edit the details no problem.

Whatever page we open though, we cannot click on the ribbon buttons, or change the tabs on the ribbon.

We have uninstalled and reinstalled the web client, restarted all of the services, but still no luck.

Thanks

John
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Have you tried different browser?

If you are using IE, try to open the client in InPrivate mode.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    I was using chrome,and private mode doesn't seem to make any difference.

I have now tried in IE and get the same results, however I also get a message each time it loads a page.

"A script error has occurred, and the content cannot be displayed. Refresh the page or open a new browser window."

Same result in inPrivate mode.
  • Options
    diwakar_ghoshdiwakar_ghosh Member Posts: 11
    Hello EveryOne,

I am also facing the above mention issue.In webclient page everything is showing except the RIBBON .
    Please provide a solution.

Diwakar
  • Options
    We are still having this issue when everything is installed on the same server.

However we did a separate install on a clean server, on the same domain, i.e. database, service and web client and it worked fine.

The main server currently also has SharePoint, a 2009 installation on it as well as some other stuff, so we are not sure if any of these are causing the issue.
  • Options
    defiant701defiant701 Member Posts: 79
    Hi,

it seems that this issue occurs if there is a difference between languages. If additional language modules are installed, the browsers throw an exception:

Sys.ArgumentException: Cannot deserialize. The data does not correspond to valid JSON. Parameter name: data

That looks like a missmatch in date values. I'm investigating a solution for this.

KR defiant701
    Debuggers don't remove bugs, they only show them in slow-motion

LinkedIn
    XING
  • Options
    defiant701defiant701 Member Posts: 79
    So finally...

the Sys.ArgumentException which causes the freeze of the ribbon in the web client was caused by the wrong application pool in iis. After changing the app pool no error message "A script error has occurred, and the content cannot be displayed. Refresh the page or open a new browser window." occurs and the ribbon is available.

KR defiant701
    Debuggers don't remove bugs, they only show them in slow-motion

LinkedIn
    XING