Report Footer is not shown in Excel Sheet when Send to Excel

johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
edited 2014-05-14 in NAV Three Tier
Dear all,

I am using NAV 2013. I have a report that using Report Footer to show Grandtotal at last page. But, when this report is sent to Excel, the footer data is not shown in sheet excel. So, do we have to avoid using report footer when design report NAV? I am still not found if any of NAV standard report used Report Footer.
Any comment?
Best regards,

Johanna

Answers

• zulqzulq Member Posts: 204
    Are you saying that in preview the footer is shown with accurate totals but not when sent to excel? Is the report spanning multiple pages or single page? Have you checked the properties {Print on Last Page}?
    Few years ago we were not existing and few years to come we would be in the grave! So what will benefit us in the grave?
  • johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
    thanks zulq..
    1. Are you saying that in preview the footer is shown with accurate totals but not when sent to excel?
    --Yes, I am. The footer is not shown in excel sheet, but only be shown in print preview excel or view > page layout in excel
    2. Is the report spanning multiple pages or single page?
    --this issue is happen for both multiple pages or single page
    3. Have you checked the properties {Print on Last Page}?
    --I did not use print on last page. On Report Footer, the visibility of Grandtotal is depend on condition whether current page = total pages
    Best regards,

Johanna
  • 181deepak181deepak Member Posts: 95
    Yes,Report Footer are not shown in Excel Sheet when send to excel, and the only solution is to make a separate report with no header and footer (Only with tablix) in body, to export to excel.
  • johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
    Dear 181deepak,

Yes, you are right.. Thank you :)
    Best regards,

Johanna