Maximum No of users NAV 2013

pashya1972pashya1972 Member Posts: 176
edited 2014-10-13 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I would like to know how much maximum number of users NAV 2013 can handle or are there any limitations for this
version say max 1000 etc.

I have asked this very basic question since I would like to know if this version can support this much number of users.

Regards,

Prashant

Comments

• slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 358
    Hi
    May be not a direct answer. But, most of the time, the actual number of users depend on your hardware setup and what these users are doing on Navision.
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    It's mainly limited by the marketing departments at Microsoft.

Also it depends on the area's of NAV that you use.

Peope entering timesheets, you can have more than 1000, people in the warehouse, maybe not even 25 without performance tuning.
  • Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
    It's mainly limited by the marketing departments at Microsoft.

I loved that comment! I've been saying this for a while now...NAV 2013's dimension redesign and other changes (background posting) along with the three-tier structure have made NAV more scalable than ever. I know of Classic client implementations in the 1,000 user range (yes, performance tuning was needed but it works). With the huge performance improvements provided by some of the recent design changes, NAV should be scalable beyond that range (again, depending on usage, proper tuning, load balancing, etc.). Microsoft would never say that though...if you have that many users, it simply MUST be AX. :)
    It's amazing to see what NAV2013 can do from a performance perspective. It's not only the fastest version of NAV out of the box ever but you can do so much to make it run even better.

We have amazing times ahead of us.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Peope entering timesheets, you can have more than 1000, people in the warehouse, maybe not even 25 without performance tuning.

Are you certain about this? We have sites where 30 users are registering concurrently with no performance issues.
    Alex, again this depends on setup, hardware, etc.

Good to hear that it works good for you. Thanks for the info.
  • RDeckardRDeckard Member Posts: 4
    It's amazing to see what NAV2013 can do from a performance perspective. It's not only the fastest version of NAV out of the box ever but you can do so much to make it run even better.

We have amazing times ahead of us.

Hi Mark,
    I totally agree with you.
    The way I see it the SQL Database (and tuning of it) is the most critical factor in the performance discussion.
    (you see it that way too? or you think the Service tier could be the limiting factor)
    But making a statement without having the evidence to back this up will not convince a future customer when Microsoft promotes AX (because Nav would not be suitable for > 300 users)
    Do you have any reference material ? or are you just expressing your opinion on this
    Would love to see something that could be used to back up this up.