Options

2013 R2 - can't get it running

mrQQmrQQ Member Posts: 239
edited 2015-01-27 in NAV Three Tier
i'm trying to setup an instance manually, but this error comes up:

Message: Unable to load DLL 'navlic.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    mrQQmrQQ Member Posts: 239
    I'll answer myself: missing dependencies (VS 2012 redistr)
  • Options
    JDVyskaJDVyska Member Posts: 179
    Adding some additional info to this thread, as I ran into the "Message: Unable to load DLL 'navlic.dll'" error as well and this thread is one of the only results for that in searches online.

On one of our computers, the locally installed Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 server (no CU level, just release) was able to start fine, but the RTC upon connecting would simply say "The Server "DynamicsNAV80" was unable to process the request. The application will close." It would not allow the user to select a different server, which was unexpected.

Upon review of the Event Log, there were two errors, one from the Client right after the DLL error from the server.

To resolve this for that machine, I simply went back to the 80 DVD, into the Prerequisites folder, and reran the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools For Office Redist installers. I restarted the service tier to be thorough, and the client was able to connect without issue.

Hopefully this level of detail helps future searchers.
    JEREMY VYSKA
    CEO, Spare Brained Ideas, Göteborg, Sweden
    New (April 2021) Getting Started with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Book Available: "Your First 20 Hours with Business Central"