Issue with cached/saved filters for a report?

jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
edited 2014-11-27 in NAV Three Tier
Hello all,
I have a report that will no longer run on my session. For the sake of clarity, this report is ID 50217. Our consultant can run 50217, but I get the following error:

Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Filter could not be applied. Could not apply filter ">02/01/13" to column no. "77233" because the field is missing or unavailable.
OK

I can copy the report to a new report ID 50218 and it executes as expected. I deleted 50217, replaced it with a completely different report using different tables and it ran. Then I restored my original report struture/logic as 50217 and still get the same error. I deleted my personalization records but that had no impact. I have tried to remove all references to the field the error mentions, but the error persists.

It seems like my windows client (NAV2013) is somehow holding onto request page filter or something since I am not using any date filter in my C/AL or in the properties.

Any thoughts as to how I can resolve this?
kind of fell into this...

Comments

• koushikkoushik Member Posts: 3
    Create a the same field back in the Table with same datatype, then run the report by removing the filter applied on field 77233 before previewing the report, then go back to the table and remove the Field :)
    It works
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    sorry, but this doesn't work. The field does exist on the table. Notice in my post that i can save the report with a different ID and it works perfectly. Whatever is wrong is somehow tied to my user session/this report ID?
  • mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    Same problem in 2013 R2 with a page filter set.

The use keeps getting an error about the filter when opening a page.

Removing data from *Personal" tables doesn't help.

So there must be a cache on the client or server which is not getting cleared.
  • cubitus81cubitus81 Member Posts: 1
    I had the same issue. Removing the fin.zup file from C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming solves the issue.
    cubitus81 wrote:
    I had the same issue. Removing the fin.zup file from C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming solves the issue.

With classic? or what version?
  • thegunzothegunzo Member Posts: 274
    Hi

You can remove the SAVEVALUES data from the [Page Data Personalization] table

USE [<Your NAV Database>]
    GO

DELETE FROM [dbo].[Page Data Personalization]
    WHERE [Object Type] = 3 AND [Object ID] = 50217
    GO

Then restart NAV Server to clean the cache.
    http://www.dynamics.is
    http://Objects4NAV.com
    thegunzo wrote:
    Hi

You can remove the SAVEVALUES data from the [Page Data Personalization] table

USE [<Your NAV Database>]
    GO

DELETE FROM [dbo].[Page Data Personalization]
    WHERE [Object Type] = 3 AND [Object ID] = 50217
    GO

Then restart NAV Server to clean the cache.

I did try this, and it does not resolve my issue. Weird Stuff.
    cubitus81 wrote:

this also failed to resolve my issue. Thanks, though.
    I looked through all of the data items in the report and found the table that was causing this (one of the first responses to the thread was "add the field" and I missed this one table). I had to create a bogus field 77233 on the table. I was then able to run the report and delete the filter. I then removed the bogus field. NAV now can open the request page.

This does not bode well for reusing report IDs in NAV2013 when something becomes obsolete. If end users have filters in place and I reuse the ID, I could be faced with this. I ran select statements against the Page Data Personalization table and there were no records in the table. It's like my filter was cached somewhere in the ether...
    Maybe it's saved in here C:\Users\..\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\PersonalizationStore.xml

From this (Dutch) http://dutchdynamics.net/blog/ddc-nav-s ... olecenters
  • 0xEE000xEE00 Member Posts: 2
    I had the same problem.
    When i add a empty group to request page the problem is resolved.
    Really don't know what's the problem.
    Does anyone have an idea?
  • naveengournaveengour Member Posts: 22
    Create the same field back in the table with same datatype and then run the report by removing the filter applied on field 77233 before previewing the report, after that go back to the table and remove the Field...!!!!
  • JosephGressJosephGress Member Posts: 36
    I ran into this same issue with the report 99001017 "Calculate Plan - Plan. Wksh.". In my case, I only got the error in one company. This was in a NAV 2013 database.

Based on a suggestion above from mdPartnerNL, I tried deleting the C:\Users\..\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\PersonalizationStore.xml. This resolved my issue.

:thumbsup:

Thank you!
    Joseph Gress
  • ImIm Member Posts: 11
    I had same issue. and I created an empty group above as suggested in the earlier post and it works. thanks.
  • shyamraooshyamraoo Member Posts: 38
    Hi Guys,

I too faced this issue. Thanks guys for helping me.

Thanks,
    Shyam Kumar N
    Regards,

N.Shyam Kumar
  • AspaSAspaS Member Posts: 1
    Adding a empty group to request page resolved my problem too.

Thanks!
  • martinher562martinher562 Member Posts: 50
    Coming back to this a long time after it was posted.

Like stated above by @JosephGress
    "deleting the C:\Users\..\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\PersonalizationStore.xml. This resolved my issue."

I am using NAV 2015.
  • abz_tecmanabz_tecman Member Posts: 27
    This helped me too, I had to delete user personalisation file. Cause was changing a field ID for bespoke field in item ledger entry after I had been running a report in NAV 2017.
    Abz
  • fazlehasanfazlehasan Member Posts: 62
    I had this same issue, removing "C:\Users\<Your UserID>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\PersonalizationStore.xml" solved the issue...thank you "mdPartnerNL"