Options

Send to Excel - File created blank

asmilie2basmilie2b Member Posts: 122
edited 2015-02-14 in NAV Three Tier
After just upgrading to 2013, some users are keen to make use of the Send to Excel function.
I have a strange issue occuring though for two users. When they click send to excel excel starts, opens, but the spreadsheet is blank.
This occurs no matter which page they are on, e.g. the customer list. For other pc's no problem.

For one of the users, I found if I closed all instances of excel completely, it will work for them. But for the other user it's not the same. Even after a fresh start of WIndows the same thing. WIndows is 7 SP1, Excel is 2010. I would normally try reinstalling excel for the user as a test, but this is a finance controller with a load of add-ins installed in excel which I am hesitant to track down (and the add-ins may for all I know be causing the issue).

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar.

Bruce Anderson

Comments

• Options
    vickijunevickijune Member Posts: 15
    I am having the same issue with one user NAV 2013. They are using excel 1010 also. This client has many users using the Send to Excel there is just one with the issue.

• Options
    LindzenLindzen Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem with the Analysis by Dimension for our customer. They have excel 2010 and we also tried to upgrade to excel 2013 but still the same resoult, no lines, only headlines.

Anyone solved this??
  • Options
    Jens_M-PJens_M-P Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 39
    I would assume that this is the issue solved in hotfix build 35429 for NAV 2013. Please take a look.
    Best regards,
    Jens Møller-Pedersen [MSFT]

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    awarnawarn Member Posts: 261
    I am using R2, build 36897 and I get the issue on some computers in the office, but not all. Has anyone solved this by upgrading past 36897 - using R2?
  • Options
    gmagma Member Posts: 17
    I experienced the same behavior.
    I installed build 37563.

Did you fine a solution
    Thank you
    Giuseppe