Options

Missing Record Links after upgrade to NAV 2013

JosephGressJosephGress Member Posts: 36
edited 2014-04-15 in NAV Three Tier
I recently upgraded our internal NAV database from NAV2009SP1 to NAV2013. The upgrade went smoothly and we are live on the upgraded database. However, I have discovered that the records in table 2000000068 -- "Record Link" disappeared in the upgraded database.

Questions:
1) Has any one else run into this issue?
2) If so, have you found a way to move the "Record Link" records from the old database to the new one.
Joseph Gress

Comments

• Options
    JosephGressJosephGress Member Posts: 36
    I have some more information on this issue.

First, I had done a test upgrade before the live upgrade. I just checked and the Record Links exist in that database.

Second, I now recall that I ran into some issue at the very end of the live upgrade. It was late on a Saturday night and I was afraid that I would have to redo the upgrade from the beginning. I think it was a security issue but I don't remember the details. Anyway, I think that I resolved the issue by doing a NAV backup of only the company data in NAV2013 then creating a new NAV2013 database and restoring that NAV backup. That would explain why the Record Links are missing as that table has DataPerCompany=NO.

Now, I just need to figure out how to copy the record links from my NAV2013 test database to our NAV2013 live database. There are two challenges with this: The Record ID field is type RecordID. I'm not sure what to do with that. And, the Notes field is a BLOB field. I have to figure out how to deal with that as well.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks
    Joseph Gress
  • Options
    nwaringnwaring Member Posts: 5
    Joseph, did you ever figure this out. I am trying to RIM into that table and I can't get the date for the record id to populate

Thanks
    Niles